Our client a company in the Pharmaceutical industry is looking to recruit an Assistant Production Manager.
Reports to: The Production Manager
Job Ref: HC25417
Job Purpose: Responsible for planning, scheduling and execution of production activities with the aim of meeting sales and marketing targets.
Efficiently managing the production shop floor, employee productivity, line capacity utilization and reporting to his superior
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in ensuring safe work conditions in the plant before start of production process
- Ensure manufacturing and all production process are done in compliance to cGMP.
- Take part in the writing and revision of Batch Manufacturing records, Standard Operating Procedures and other related documents
- Train the relevant production staff for continuous improvement.
- Ensure that daily, weekly and monthly plans are followed in order to achieve the set targets.
- Coordinates between supply chain, dispensing, production and QA/ QC and to ensure that there is smooth flow of the production process within the specified section.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly plans of the section in liaison with the Senior Production Manager.
- Assist in controlling and ensuring targets for batch yield are met.
- Co-ordinate shifts, shift handovers and shift targets.
- Assist in managing and correcting any deviations that may occur during the production process and report according to SOP.
- Ensure documentation is done correctly and appropriately as per GMP.
- Assist Maintain discipline and order in the production section.
- Ensure employee motivation and good labor relations within the section.
- To subordinate production manager in all his duties and act in case of his / her absence.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Education – Should have Bachelor of Science degree in Pharmacy or Biochemistry or relevant science courses
- Skills – Strong leadership and good problem solving skills; good communicator; thorough knowledge of GMP; team player; Ability to work under pressure; computer competence; self driven and result oriented. Integrity is a key factor for this position.
- Experience – At least 8-10 years practice in the pharmaceutical manufacturing industry and 3 years in a supervisory position
Age 30-35 years
Salary: KSh.300, 000 to 400, 000
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating expected salary and their daytime contact to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject of the email should be the title of the POSITION APPLIED FOR + JOB REF).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews