Glacier Products Limited, the manufacturers of ice cream (Dairyland, Mio and Amore) & Dairyland Chocolates (Chocolart) seeks to recruit a Production Supervisor. The Position will be reporting to the Production Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
Overall purpose of the job:
Management of staff and processes in the production floor, to ensure that the production targets and objectives are met in a timely and cost effective manner. Ensure that all products are produced to the specified quality specifications. Ensure that all direct staff comply with the company rules and specifications, GMPs, and the health and safety requirements. Ensure that the finished goods stocks in the production cold room are well kept and updated.
Current duties of the job:
- Interpret the daily production schedule and assign specific production duties to ensure timely production.
- Creating daily work schedules and duty allocation for the flavouring, filing and lolly section teams
- Inspection and checking of the machinery and equipment used in production to ensure they are always in good working order and ensure efficient utilization of all equipment and machines in production.
- Adjusting of the machines to obtain the required parameters, eliminate or minimize reprocesses.
- Suggests changes in working conditions, machinery/ equipment or personnel to increase efficiency in the production department
- Reporting any machine breakdown immediately or any machine that shows low performance due to its condition facilitating preventive maintenance and
- Give timely recommendations on any machine that requires service.
- Maintaining daily production plans
- Making sure production targets are achieved
- Explaining any production variances
- Addressing special order needs in liaison with the Production Manager
- Co-ordination of C.I P of all machinery and maintaining good housekeeping in the workstation
Production warehouse and RA warehouse (Production Cold room) Management
- Correct recording of the daily production of the finished goods stocks
- Correct posting of the finished goods stocks
- Ensuring that the system stocks tally with the physical stocks of in the production cold room
- Ensuring transfers orders for the finished goods are well captured to and from the production warehouse to the production cold room (RA warehouse)
- Ensuring that the conversion of the raw materials to finished goods and the transfer order for the same is well captured in the system
- Identifying any staff issues within the team and channelling them as appropriate
- Duty allocation to staff through the daily work schedule
- Responsible for training of operators on the products and the processes within the plant
- Monitoring of the completion of tasks by the staff and ensuring good performance and record keeping
- Daily production report
- Daily variance report (actual production against planned production)
- Daily material consumption report
- Weekly stock variance report