Job Title: Regional Sales Representative
The Role: Responsible for managing all customers in selected Regions and any other region/ area which may be allocated by the supervisor and give all the outlets in the Region the necessary focus which will ensure their growth.
- Listing of all our products in the outlets,
- Ensuring growth of Sales in the Accounts and that the set targets are achieved,
- Monitoring movement of our products in the outlets and putting mechanisms to ensure that consumer uptake is within our projected sales,
- Ability to manage your sales per Stock keeping Units (SKU,s)
- Collecting payments within agreed days and adherence to credit limits,
- Opening new accounts in the region which qualifies for trading with the Company,
- Coordination and liaison with our customer service to ensure that orders are delivered on time from our warehouse to the outlets,
- Where orders are delivered to customers’ central warehouse, you shall coordinate deliveries from the warehouses to their respective branches to ensure that there are no stock outs in the branches,
- Attending to all Key Accounts outlets on regular basis and not less than ones a week for business purposes and Coordination with the Key Accounts Reps,
- Building of strong business relationships with the outlets both at the HQs and Branch levels,
- Providing leadership and supervising the support staff working in the outlets and ensuring that they execute their daily work as expected, this includes merchandisers and Promoters,
- Supervising the uplifting and retailing teams and ensuring that they are achieving their targets and complying with company’s rules, regulations and code of ethics,
- Ensuring that the support staffs are using the company’s assets provided to them properly and within the company polices and guidelines, such assets includes Vehicles, stationeries, products, Promotional Materials, Posters etc,
- Ensuring that up lifters are remitting customers money on daily basis through pay bill or Mpesa to the customer or direct deposit to the customer account,
- Ability to use data to make decisions relating to your customers and region,
- Acquaint yourself with the procedures of key accounts function to avoid duplication of company resources while on upcountry visits,
- Ensuring compliance and enforcement of Joint Business Plans in outlets where they have been signed,
- Ensuring growth of shelf space and displays in the outlets,
- Ensuring that the up lifters reconcile with the uplifting points on regular basis and not less than once a week. You shall monitor the uplifting points and ensure that the accounts are well managed and the up lifter debt does not go beyond the agreed limit,
- Enhancing visibility of the brands using various instore promotional Materials,
- Recommending periodical cost effective promotional activities and supervising the same when approved,
- Understudying competitors’ activities and their impact to our business and recommending appropriate actions to mitigate any negative impact to our business,
- Timely resolving of any trading and business related issues with the customers,
- Booking and attending periodical business review meetings with top managers of the Accounts together with your immediate
- Manager and to ensure that all minutes are well documented, such meetings to be held at least on quarterly basis without fail,
- Training shelf stockers on product knowledge and handling,
- Opening new accounts and reviving dormant ones,
- Holding weekly and adhoc meetings with your support staff with well documented minutes,
- Ensuring that all business proposals to the respective Accounts are documented for proper follow-up,
- Perform other duties within your competences to improve the business performance,
- Prompt handling of issues and handling them in real time.
- Keeping your immediate Manager well-informed on your day to day work and providing regular reports on the performance of each account and not later than weekly,
- Must have over 2 years’ experience in a sales role.
- Must have a degree or HND in sales & marketing or any other relevant field.
- Must have experience in the FMCG environment
- Result oriented and attention to detail.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Assertive and proactive.
- Ability to travel extensively
- Planning, presentation, interpersonal, coordinating and organizational skills.
- Have the ability to be adaptable & flexible
Qualified persons to apply at firstname.lastname@example.org stating current and expected salary.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted