K YES Project
RTI International is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition.
With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services. Universities in North Carolina founded RTI in 1958 as a centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park.
RTI International is currently seeking staff for the U.S Agency for International Development (USAID) funded Kenya Youth Employment and Skills Program (K-YES) in Kenya that aims to enhance employability of Kenyan youth (Ages 18-35) for increased wage and self-employment, underemployed youth who have not completed secondary school.
K-YES project is a 5 year activity that will result in increased workforce competitiveness in the sectors targeted currently implementing in Nairobi, Kwale, Kericho Bungoma & Garissa Counties.
We seek to recruit Program Officers / Competency Based Education and Training (CBET) Officers and Monitoring and Evaluation Officers for the 5 Counties Nairobi, Kwale, Kericho Bungoma & Garissa.
The Program Officer / Competency Based Education and Training (CBET) officers will support the roll out and implementation of CBETs activities supporting Vocational Training Centers.
Under the supervision of the Senior County Coordinator and in close collaboration with the Senior Program Specialist (Technical Vocational and Education Training (TVET) specialist).
He/she will be responsible for daily tasks related to the coordination and implementation of the CBET curriculum implementation cycle, the management of employer relations and management of internship placements.
Coordination and support services will facilitate the program towards achieving its target of training 21000 youth by 2020 on vocational training
- To coordinate with County Youth Board Forum and VTCs on youth mobilization, and screening and interviewing youth participants for CBET training. Mobilization and selection criteria has already been laid out by the program.
- To support the development and management of private sector partnerships related to CEBT.
- Coordinate and manage system for internship placement and quality control.
- Coordinate and monitor bi weekly tracking of trainees to ensure regular trainees attendance (practical skills sessions and life skills session), business skills and Financial literacy sessions
- Organize coaching for new VTCs or new instructors joining the program
- To have constant follow up with VTC Instructors to ensure that CBET approach method is being disseminated as per the lesson plan instructions and involving the private sector partners during training.
- Support K-YES team to track number of trainees accessing loans either at the Self Help Group level or at the Micro Finance Institution.
- Coordinate employer round tables for graduates feedback and also conduct graduate exit interviews
- Proactively identify risks and issues based on observations in VTCs; interviews with instructors, students and employers; and regular tracking of Key Performance Indicators in program database