Tetra Tech | Water & Sanitation Corporation (WASAC)
Tetra Tech (www.tetratechintdev.com) is hiring a Consultant under the USAID/Kenya and East Africa (KEA) funded PREPARED Project (https://www.facebook.com/PREPAREDProject/), to Assess Non Revenue Water (NRW) Reduction Options in Rwanda’s Water and Sanitation Corporation (WASAC).
The overall goal of PREPARED is to strengthen the resiliency and sustainability of East African economies, transboundary ecosystems, and communities, by targeting three key development challenges:
i) Climate Change Adaptation;
ii) Biodiversity Conservation; and
iii) Water Supply, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH).
The implementation of PREPARED Project in the Lake Victoria Basin gives a unique opportunity for the Partner States to cooperate and share experiences as positive steps are taken towards extending access to safe water supplies, improved sanitation and hence improving the lake’s ecosystem.
To support the implementation of planned project activities in Rwanda PREPARED is seeking for suitable consultant to critically analyze the root causes and issues related to NRW for Musanze and Nyagatare towns and to develop a strategy to assist WASAC reduce NRW in medium—sized towns.
Illustrative Tasks for the NRW Reduction Consultant include:
1. Meet with WASAC management and discuss the SOW, approach, expected outputs and timelines;
2. Review institutional, policy, financial, and regulatory environment to determine opportunities and potential constraints for assessment and reduction of NRW;
3. Review experiences from the Uganda National Water and Sewerage Corporation (NWSC) – Jinja NRW program and identify strategies, approaches and technologies that could be replicated in Musanze and Nyagatare;
4. Analyze data from Musanze and Nyagatare and determine causes of NRW in those towns, propose strategy and other mitigation measures to address them.
The strategy should consider internal operations, customer relations and engagement, as well as engineering aspects (e.g. metering practices, pressure management, type and length of distribution system piping, pumping systems, etc.), Information and Communication technology (ICT), and other innovative solutions;
5. Prepare scenarios and NRW business case showing competitive advantage of proposed NRW reduction initiatives for each town that are targeting NRW reduction to national and International acceptable levels;
6. Prepare report that provides a NRW reduction strategy, action plan and roadmap for addressing both short – term and long – term actions for reducing NRW for Musanze and Nyagatare towns in Rwanda.
The minimum requirements for this consultancy are as follows:
1) At least 10 years of experience in the field of civil / sanitary / environmental engineering;
2) Experience in NRW reduction technologies, including smart metering, integration of improved ICT solutions, as well as experience in improving service delivery within utilities and some relevant background in improving customer outreach and engagement; and
3) Demonstrable ability to advise WASAC on appropriate measures for NRW interventions by developing required strategies and approaches that combine in an integrated program that combines the best technologies, community engagement and improved service delivery.
To adequately perform this assignment, the level-of-effort will be thirty (30) days starting as soon as possible.
Interested and qualified candidates should email their current CV, including 3 professional references, Cover Letter and signed Electronic Biodata form (https://careers.tetratechintdev.com/ARDCareers/App/Documents/AID1420-17EBD.pdf) to the following Email address, firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject of the email should include “PREPARED: Rwanda NRW Consultant.”
The deadline for submission of applications: April 30, 2017.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Tetra Tech is an equal opportunity employer.