Sales Manager – Courier / Freight / Logistics Services
Location: Mombasa Road, Nairobi
An established international courier and logistics company is looking for a high-performing Sales Manager to help them meet their customer acquisition and revenue growth targets by keeping the company competitive and innovative.
Job Summary: The job holder will be responsible for maximizing sales team potential, crafting sales plans and directing the sales activities of the company to achieve sales objectives.
Sales Strategy and Planning
- Design and implement a strategic business plan that expands company’s customer base and ensure its strong presence.
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new services and competition status.
- Co-ordinate sales action plans for individual sales people.
- Liaise with other company functions to ensure achievement of sales objectives.
- Assist with the development of sales presentations and proposals.
- Forecast annual, quarterly and monthly sales revenue.
- Analyze data to identify sales opportunities.
- Generate timely sales reports.
- Develop and implement the overall performance management function among sales team, including the identification of appropriate performance criteria and measures that are aligned to organizational objectives.
- Design, implement and monitor performance appraisal tools and processes.
- Develop and monitor processes for addressing poor performance.
- Consult with management on development strategies including mentoring and training.
- Establish methods to reduce turnover related to poor performance among sales team.
- Analyze and reports supervisory performance results to the management team.
- Determine training needs among Sales Representatives; observing sales encounters; studying sales results reports and conferring with management.
- Develop individual results by maintaining policy and procedure resources; providing coaching; conducting training sessions; developing outcome improvement resources
- Design quality sales training programs
- Schedule individual and team training plans on a regular basis
- Evaluate strengths and weaknesses to identify training needs.
- Proven over 6 years’ B2B sales experience in logistics, software, consulting solutions
- Experience in aggressive sales team performance management
- Excellent business acumen coupled with a business development track record.
- Natural communicator with excellent negotiation, persuasive, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Highly driven with enthusiasm to meet initiate change and to cope under demanding pressure.
- Knowledge in analyzing, designing, developing, implementing and evaluating performance management systems for a sales team.
Qualities and skills: This position requires an aggressive, self-motivated person who is passionate about sales and has a strong background in this. Self-driven individual with a keen eye for detail.
Education: Degree in Sales and Marketing or any other relevant field.
Language: Excellent verbal and non – verbal communication skills in English.
Compensation: Competitive salary, transport, airtime
Deadline: Interested parties should send their online applications on or before 5th May 2017
Correspondence: Applications and detailed CV to be submitted online at http://goo.gl/T8sryH
Applications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.