Save the Children
Job Title: Regional Procurement Officer
Team / Programme: Logistics & Supply Chain / Operations – RPU
Contract Length: 2 years
Child Safeguarding: Level 3 – the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking / vetting process staff.
Role Purpose: The Regional Procurement Officer will be responsible for Procurement, managing and developing the supplier base, and ensuring the efficient delivery of high quality goods and services to our country programmes.
The role holder will be expected to respond to Procurement requirements, implement the regional procurement strategy which will effectively deliver business needs.
The role holder will also be expected to support the specification and selection of Procurement tools, and to build and development of a high performing team.
The role holder will be required to work with countries in East and Southern Africa Region (ESARO) to support their procurement strategies and to support in developing the sourcing strategy i.e. local, national and international procurement under the supervision of Regional Procurement Manager.
Scope of Role:
Reports to: Regional Procurement Manager
Staff reporting to this post: None
Budget Responsibilities: None
Role Dimensions: Regional remit, supporting region and country offices with procurement needs
Key Areas of Accountability:
- Carry out Procurement, ensure FWAs are in place, procurement is done in line with SCI procedures and compliant with all donor rules.
- Support the RPM to conduct a review of the regional Procurement requirements and agree a procurement strategy in line with business needs through proactive stakeholder engagement.
- Carry out Procurement for the RPU, delivering excellence through best practice, defined roles and responsibilities and performance management.
- Build on and develop the supply base to ensure the capacity and flexibility to meet all of the regional requirements – both in “steady state” and “emergency response” situations.
- Ensure good supplier relationship and proactively to ensure a high level of supplier performance.
Contribute as a member of the team:
- Create a culture of continuous learning where staff are encouraged and supported to grow and develop and are willing to be held accountable for their commitments.
- Role model and support the development of a dual mandate organisational culture that reflects our values, promotes accountability and high performance and frees up our people to deliver outstanding results for children and excellent customer service for our members and donors.
- Identify and support the creation of learning and development programmes for building capacity of procurement staff involved in supply chain management at all levels.
- Work with country offices to develop strategic relationships and partnerships with companies and organisations which can support the improvement and enhancement of Save the Children procurement.
Behaviours (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Degree level in Business, Procurement or Supply Chain Management or Medical supply Chain or similar level qualifications from a recognised institution.
- CIPS qualifications and member or equivalent membership.
Experience and Skills
- 3 years’ buyer experience in International Medical / Pharmaceutical /NFI Procurement experience.
- with cross boarder logistics experience and contract/Framework management in complex situations.
- Experience of implementing / significant knowledge of Procurement processes.
- Proven ability to review demands and trends; to develop strategies to fill identified gaps.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing and negotiation.
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in.
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours in the event of major emergencies including travelling at short notice and for extended periods of time.
- Medical / Pharmaceutical Procurement experience
- Knowledge of key institutional donors and their compliance requirements in respect of Logistics and Procurement.
- Working knowledge of French is an advantage
Additional job responsibilities: The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
Equal Opportunities: The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
Child Safeguarding: We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety: The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
Application closes on 18th April 2017.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||