Vacancy Announcement: School Nurse
Salary: KShs 40K – 45K
MWC is a Human Resource Consultancy firm that provides top notch human capital solutions.
We are hiring for the School Nurse position for our client.
The incumbent will specifically be responsible for the following:
- Provide nursing care and physical screening to students; assess students and implement first aid measures for students as needed;
- Assume responsibility for appropriate assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation, management, and referral activities for students;
- Orient the staff and teach specific medical procedures for the evaluation and maintenance of the medically involved student in the classroom;
- Maintain clinic equipment and assesses the need for consumable supplies on an annual basis;
- Initiate emergency procedures for students and staff as needed;
- Provides ongoing health information to pupils, parents, school personnel;
- Maintains, evaluates, and interprets cumulative health data to accommodate individual needs of students;
- Plans and implements school health management protocols for the children with chronic health problems, including the administration of medication;
- Develops procedures and provides for crises intervention for acute illness, injury and emotional disturbances;
- Promotes and assists in the control of communicable diseases through preventive immunization programs, early detection, surveillance and reporting of contagious diseases;
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Nursing, from a reputable institution
- MUST be registered by the Nursing Board of Kenya
- At least two (2) years relevant work experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Effectual team player and service oriented
- Pleasant personality, fit to handle children
Qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs to email@example.com.
The subject of the email should clearly read School Nurse.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.