Secours Islamique France (SIF)
Position Title: Part Time Project Officer
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Organization Profile: Secours Islamique France (SIF) is an International Non-Governmental Organization that is based in France.
Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization dedicated to alleviate the suffering of the poorest population around the world.
SIF intervenes wherever humanitarian and social needs require mobilization of emergency relief and/or implementation of development programs.
Today, SIF operates in around 20 countries and has been providing assistance to the most vulnerable for 20 years without discrimination as to culture, ethnicity, religion or sex.
Job Description: SIF is implementing a multi-faceted project in the informal settlements of Nairobi through its local implementing partner, Inter Faith Council, that will involve youth / community empowerment related to activities associated with the education / prevention of: Gender based Violence, HIV/AIDS, Drug / Alcohol abuse, Crime / Violence, Radicalisation and Peace / Reconciliation (thematic areas of intervention).
Under the supervision of the IFC, the Project Officer will work part time and will be in charge of all the social components of this important project by providing Program guidance and support to the implementing partner and their Youth Advocacy Officers working in the informal settlements while maintaining full compliance with SIF established policies and procedures.
Project officer job descriptions
- The incumbent will oversee and Coordinates Youth Empowerment Project (YEP) activities within the respective locations and ensure the project activities are implemented as per work Plan.
- Provides continuous support and supervision to the Youth Advocacy Officers (YAOs)
- Ensures effective collaboration with other project partners and stakeholders is maintained within the area of operation
- Ensures efficient project performance through effective management and communication within the project team
- Assist the project conduct capacity building to the Youth advocacy officers in collaboration with partners
- Contributes to the documentation of lessons learnt, best practices and knowledge sharing for continuous improvement of the project activities
- Ensure the project is represented well at the informal settlement level and attend all the relevant clusters.
- In liaison with SIF Project manager monitor project activities and ensuring contract deliverables and reports are completed accurately and on time.
- Participate in the Planning and implementation of the weekly and monthly monitoring of activities in all locations and ensure informed reports and improved quality of programming.
- Ensure that all records pertaining to this project are properly completed and stored in a secure manner.
- Provide weekly and monthly report to both SIF project manager and IFC Board.
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the IFC Board
- Diploma in Social Work / Community Development
- Knowledge and experience in project management concepts
- Documentation skills
- Demonstrate high level of creativity, innovation and critical thinking
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Positive attitude and an open mind
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant NGO experience in a similar role.
How to Apply
Submit application (CV, 3 references) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than April 26, 2017
Please identify Project Officer in the subject line
SIF is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply
Only short listed candidates will be contacted