Archdiocese of Nyeri
The Archdiocese of Nyeri – Caritas Nyeri is hereby inviting applications for the following position.
Position Title: Savings & Internal Lending Communities (SILC) Project Officer
Reports To: The Project Co-ordinator
Summary Job Description: The SILC project officer reports to the Project co-ordinator. He/she is responsible for SILC groups technical activities, ensuring the SILC component meets its objectives and targets.
The SILC project officer directly supervises field agents and Private Service Providers (PSPs) and does SILC MIS data entry and analysis.
The SILC project officer develops monthly SILC plans, monitors their execution, and prepares monthly performance reports.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Planning and coordination
- Represent the SILC component at the grassroots
- Develop quarterly operational plans in line with the PSP-SILC methodology and monitor their implementation
- Develop monthly activity plans and monitor their implementation
- Facilitate monthly SILC, Field Agency (FAs) and PSPs meetings
2. FAs and PSPs supervision and development
- Together with project coordinator, conduct training needs assessments for field agents
- Play a key role during SILC trainings for FAs, PSPs and project staff
- Monitor FAs and PSPs performance at SILC groups level
3. Project quality
- Assist agents in defining their operating areas
- Participate in mobilization of project communities
- Participate in FAs recruitment
- Oversee agent certification and PSP launches
- Oversee SILC network formation
- Perform spot checks with field agents and SILC groups in the field
- Data entry and analysis of MIS reports and translate them into management decisions to improve the program
- Assist the agriculture project officer when called upon especially during materials distribution and project groups trainings
4. Documentation, learning and reporting
- Ensure FAs and PSPs submit timely, complete and accurate reports
- Document best practices, lessons learned and success stories
- Prepare monthly narrative and MIS reports
- Participate in quarterly M&E meetings
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Social Sciences, Microfinance, Business Administration, Project Management or related discipline
- At least 2 years of experience in community development, with at least 2 years’ experience working with community groups
- Specialized knowledge of and experience with savings group programming – with a preference for community-agent and/or fee-for-service approaches
- Leadership ability with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong writing and documentation skills
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Professional proficiency in the operational area local language
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, e-mail, internet use)
- Ability to ride a motorcycle
- Valid motorcycle riding permit.
How to Apply
Send in your application complete with CV, copies of certificates and testimonial, names and contacts of three professional references and a recommendation letter from your parish minister to the address below, so as to reach us on or before 28th April, 2017. (Remember to indicate your day Telephone Contact).
ADN Caritas Nyeri,
Mathari-Ihururu Road, Next to Italian Memorial
P.O. Box 288 – 10100,
You can also hand-deliver your application to Caritas Nyeri Offices on Mathari-Ihururu Rd. next to the Italian Memorial.
Archdiocese of Nyeri is an equal opportunity employer