Duma Works is recruiting a Program Coordinator for our client in Nairobi.
The company is a socially focused investment fund who partner with entrepreneurs looking to drive change by building enterprises in their own low-income urban communities.
Job Description: The Program Coordinator will work closely with the Executive Director and be primarily responsible for leading a team to implement and continuously improve the company’s service delivery.
The Program Coordinator will play a key role in streamlining existing processes, developing new tools to improve implementation, and overseeing growth.
The Program Coordinator will work directly with the entrepreneurs, trainers and advisors to carry out the organisation’s core mission.
Roles and Responsibilities
Please note other responsibilities may be required based upon the growth of the Project.
- Lead the growth of the organisation’s current cohort of start-up businesses by coaching and advising businesses on areas such as financial tracking, growth strategy and partnership development.
- Coordinate the training program, organizing both trainers and class schedules.Lead the consolidation, implementation, and iteration of the training curriculum, customizing and enhancing the quality of trainings being delivered
- Coordinate training delivery and curriculum with the trainers
- Design new program directions in response to organizational goals and field-wide trends
- Actively test and experiment with new ideas, innovations and best practices to improve program delivery and refine the company’s model.
- Advise the Executive Director and Board on organizational growth strategies, processes,and procedures.
- Collaborate closely with the company’s monitoring and evaluation team, leading the program development in response to experience and measured results
- Build relationships and partnerships with government authorities, private sector, donors, and members of civil society, elevating the company’s presence.
- Contribute to the company’s fundraising and resource mobilization efforts to support the growth programs
- Foster a culture of openness, learning, collaboration and innovation across the organization
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrated team leadership and business development experience in a similar environment.
- An excellent understanding of general business principles, including product development, value chains, market analysis, investment readiness and design thinking principles. Understanding of the informal sector is essential.
- Demonstrated results-oriented management skills a must, with experience building systems in a changing environment.
- Strong mentorship, coaching, and leadership skills necessary. Experience in curriculum development and training an advantage.
- Learning and change-oriented mindset a must – willing to take calculated risks, think outside the box and try new ideas.
- Demonstrated experience using data as a basis for decision-making for both program and organizational growth essential. Monitoring and evaluation or business analytics experience desirable.
- An excellent relationship builder and communicator, both verbally and written, who enjoys being an active member of a team.
- 4 year university degree
- Minimum 2 years experience managing/coordinating training programs
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to email@example.com marking the subject as “2785”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2785 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx.
If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Monday, 08 May 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.