Ona – Information Technology and Services
Company: Ona builds software that enables organizations around the world to solve important global health and humanitarian challenges.
As a young company, our communications are geared towards telling our story and helping customers understand how we can help them achieve their impact goals.
Position: Communications Associate
We are seeking an experienced Communications Associate to manage company communications and marketing efforts.
If you have strong communication skills, a passion for creating positive change, and an understanding of technology and development, we’d love to meet you
Qualities we’re looking for: This position requires someone who can thrive in a technology startup. You should know what Github is, have used Slack before, and have a smartphone.
We are considering qualified applicants from anywhere in the world, but prefer someone located in Nairobi, Kenya, Washington D.C, Burlington, VT, or New York City.
- Work with Ona leadership and the sales, support, and product teams to create messaging that will resonate with a given audience and expand our business.
- Frame our previous work and solutions in compelling ways.
- Seek opportunities to increase visibility of Ona to our intended audiences.
- Occasionally support client projects on aspects of communications and instruction.
- Conduct market research.
- Package and copy-edit proposals.
- Manage digital marketing channels.
- Manage web content.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
- Interest and deep familiarity with ICT4D.
- Excellent communication skills. You can synthesize complex ideas into clear writing and presentations for a range of given audiences.
- Ability to grasp customer needs and respond in kind through messaging.
- Ability to take initiative and identify and prioritize opportunities.
- Fluency with technology.
- Multimedia and graphic design production experience a plus.
How to Apply
Please send the following to email@example.com:
- Note describing why you are interested in working at Ona
- List of references (required if selected for an interview)
- Relevant writing sample such as a press release, presentation, advertisement or company blog post