Swissport is an international organisation that provides ground handling services for around 230 million passengers and 4.1 million tonnes of cargo a year on behalf of some 835 client-companies in the aviation sector. Swissport is active at 280 airports in 48 countries on 5 continents.
Swissport Kenya Limited is recruiting for the following position based at our offices at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
Commercial Manager [1 Position]
We are seeking for a professional with a proven track record in leading all commercial activities in the country in close cooperation with the local Operations, Finance and MEA Commercial teams.
This person will be part of a highly dynamic team charged with leading development and implementation of country Key Account Management and sales strategy in alignment with the country’s budget & business plan.
The successful applicant will be detail oriented, have high energy, a people and resource manager who is results oriented with a “can do” attitude” and possesses excellent communication skills.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the execution of business development objectives, new business bid preparation, commercial proposals and agreements in accordance with SOPs.
- Develop and capture business opportunities and prepare commercial bids.
- Draft, negotiate and agree on contractual agreements.
- Ensure that commercial offers are potentially profitable by applying control mechanisms and exchange information thereon with the relevant departments.
- Develop and implement sales plans for strategic customers in liaison with operational heads and drive deals for new business.
- Liaison and co-ordination of commercial activities with the Regional and Global Commercial teams.
- Gather, compile and share commercial market intelligence.
- Coach business units and teams on the technical aspects of pricing, negotiation and customer orientation, sales techniques and standards that will help them achieve customer retention and sales targets.
- Maintain commercial administration, ensuring that internal stakeholders are provided with current contractual information.
- Ensure that commercial enquiries are responded to timely, efficiently and professionally.
- Maintain local commercial data on Swissport International’s CRM tools.
- Maintain contacts and exchange information with Swissport International and/or other Swissport establishments regarding commercial issues.
- Ensure the general maintenance of data bases, systems and reference material required for bids / proposals / presentations.
- Review and monitor commercial performance periodically and provide reports / forecasts as defined by the organization.
- Gather information from KAA, KCAA and other governmental bodies and provide updates on policies and legislations related to the industry.
- Ensure that Swissport’s brand and corporate identity is adhered to in accordance with SPI’s guidelines.
- Establish and manage contractual agreements with suppliers and services providers related to commercial activities.
- Guide and direct Facility Management around proper signage and branding, for both Swissport and its clients, in all Swissport’s facilities, whether owned or rented.
- In consultation with the CEO, plan and organise for internal / external meetings, commercial events.
- Manage Swissport’s tenancy agreements and be the first point of contact for Swissport’s tenants.
- Manage Swissport’s rental agreements with KAA.
Customer Relationship Management:
- Lead, develop & maintain relationships with existing & potential customers, perform customer visits, hold meetings with customers, together with CEO and/or other internal stakeholders.
- In conjunction with operations, agree on and monitor quality parameters for customers including specific operational goals.
- Together with Operations develop Service Level Agreements with customers.
- Conduct regular review meetings with customers.
- Conduct general customer relationship activities including supporting country and/or regional airline management teams to secure existing business.
- Develop & execute regular customer satisfaction surveys for the business.
- Contribute to ensuring that Swissport has a consistently professional reputation within the industry.
- Ensure that Customer requirements are clearly defined and accurately translated into meaningful information such that the Operations function can meet the Customer’s requirements.
- Education University Degree in Business Administration or equivalent academic level.
- Professional Experience: Sales & Marketing, Public Relations or Finance.
- Experience: 5 years’ relevant management experience with exposure to providing and presenting commercial and financial information to senior Management.
- Experience in an aviation environment and contract law is an added advantage.
Application letter and CV only should be forwarded via email: NBO.Recruitment@swissport.com to:
The Manager, Human Resource
Swissport Kenya Limited
P.O. Box 19177, 00501 Nairobi
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. In case you do not hear from us, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Be part of the team that brings Swiss time to African soil!
Closing Date: April 21st 2017