Duma works is recruiting a Sales and Marketing Manager for our client; Takamoto Biogas.
Company background and Job purpose: Takamoto Biogas, located in the heart of the Kiambu dairy region, is a leading, rapidly growing renewable energy company that provides biogas systems to small-scale farmers across Kenya.
Takamoto’s unique technology converts cow dung into free ‘bio-gas’, a clean fuel source primarily used for cooking, thus replacing wood, charcoal or LPG.
The residue of the installation is fertiliser of higher quality than the original cow dung. In Kenya alone, there are over two million farmers with at least two cows who are potential clients.
Building on two years of market research and installation experience, Takamoto Bio-gas has developed a new business model and technology that will bring the many benefits of bio-gas energy to the masses in Kenya by eliminating the main hurdle to its adoption – the high upfront cost.
In order to achieve the company’s growth aspirations, Takamoto Bio-gas is looking for a highly motivated, proactive and energetic Sales and Marketing Manager to lead all its sales activities.
The incumbent will hands-on manage a growing team of sales agents, work closely with the Operations manager and support teams, be part of the management team, report to the General Manager and operate from Kiambu county.
This is a rare opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing company, developing and scaling a new technology and an innovative business model to bring energy to the millions at the base of the pyramid in Kenya and thus changing the lives of many Kenyan farmers.
- Lead the sales team and all Takamoto’s sales activities across a range of sales channels, triple the monthly sales over the coming 12 months
- Develop and execute the company’s marketing strategy, adapt along the way
- Cooperate with selected external partners for sales opportunities
- As part of the company’s management team, contribute to the development of a learning organisation
- Support other (i.e. outside the sales function) employees in their own customer facing activities
- At least 5 years’ experience with demonstrable results growing sales (B2C) from a small starting point
- Very comfortable working in rural areas.
- At least 1 year experience as a successful manager of a team with 5+ people and passionate in coaching, developing and motivating others
- Excellent computer skills including excel
- You live in Kiambu or are prepared and comfortable relocating there.
Competencies and attributes
- You love doing B2C sales and marketing
- Affinity for technology and for farming, you enjoy working in rural areas,
- Proficient in speaking Swahili and English, preferably Kikuyu as well
- Comfortable addressing a diverse audience and winning people’s heart for your product
- A team player, you gladly share your knowledge and expertise, you support others in their development and easily communicate across functional and hierarchical boundaries, including virtually.
- Creative, enjoy seeking new ways of doing things and are comfortable in new territories
- Have a commercial and analytical mind set, you are resilient, disciplined, structured and familiar with keeping good records of leads
- Proficient with sales frameworks such as sales funnel, BANT, Net Promoter Score, Inbound/outbound
- Familiar with sales techniques such as anchoring, social proof, and others
- Ability to analyze sales data for improving efficiency, sales cycle, conversion
- Have a learning attitude
- You do what you say you will do
Send a Cover Letter and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2721”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2721 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 2nd May 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.