Location: Nyanza and Mombasa
Job Purpose: Install and configure software packages such as access control platforms, CCTV, Fire Detection and Intrusion Panels, Locks and Vehicle, Parking and Pedestrian systems.
- Work with Project Lead to schedule project related work and manage the work against the project timeline
- Inspect installation sites and study work orders, building plans, and installation manuals to determine materials requirements and installation procedures. Requisition of materials from stores
- Demonstrate systems to clients and explain details, such as the causes and consequences of false alarms, offline cameras, non-functioning doors and barriers and provide training to the security system users
- Perform biometric systems functions such as system set up, installation, monitoring and adding application users and devices
- Integrate CCTVs with ATMs, POS, Intrusion and Fire Alarm systems
- Install and configure analog and IP CCTV cameras which following blueprints of electrical layouts and design plans.
- Install and configure Windows servers – AD, IIS, SQL, Firewalls, RAID etc
- Set up indoor and outdoor intrusion detectors
- Install and set up repeater panels, field devices and zones and loops
- Set up isolating devices and custom triggers and time delays for the Fire Detection system and integrate with the PA/Evac system
- Program locks, cards and set up encoders
- Install and configure sliding doors, automatic gates, bollards, barriers, turnstiles, speedstiles and long range readers
- Install, terminate, label,test and document UTP and Electrical cables as well as testing of cables using LAN testing, Continuity testing as per industry standards
- Draw cables through conduits and ensure they are concealed
Role Related Qualifications / Skills:
- Diploma or Degree in IT, Electrical Engineering or Telecommunications Engineering from a recognized institution
- 3+ experience in installation, configuration and programing of security related software and hardware
- Operation of ohmmeters and oscilloscopic voltmeters, multi-meters, programming devices and all other related security systems test equipment
- Basic computer skills, including up/downloading to control panels
- Programming of addressable fire and electronic security systems
- Basic electronic laws, formula, color codes and electronic symbols and nomenclature
Role Related Competencies (Behavioral Indicators):
- Install, repair, design, and test hardwired, wireless, electronic, security, computerized fire, accesses control, duress, CCTV and fire suppressions systems
- Read and translate schematics and wiring diagrams
- Use proper test equipment and hand tools related to various fire and electronic security systems
- Communicate orally and in writing with department heads, supervisors, vendors and peers
- Climb ladders and work in high and low locations to reach remote areas
- Establish effective working relationships with management, employees, employee representatives and the public representing diverse cultures and backgrounds
Email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org using the format “Technician – Nyanza” or “Technician – Mombasa” depending on which role you are applying for.
Also include your current and expected salary.
Deadline to apply is 2nd May COB