Vacancy: Trip Coordination Manager
Job Ref: TE/TCM/3
Our client specialises in creating exceptional tailor-made journeys for discerning travellers to exotic destinations in Asia, Africa and South America.
They are looking for a Trip Coordination Manager for their Africa market.
The incumbent will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
S/he will report to the Africa Destination Manager and work closely with their Travel Consulting team in Africa and their Trip Coordination teams in Asia and Latin America.
- Ensure they consistently enchant their guests and achieve excellent guest feedback, in line with company goals.
- Provide ongoing support to the Trip Coordination team and act as a concierge to their guests to ensure that their trip is one of a lifetime. This entails being reachable for our guests 24/7 while they are traveling and at times irregular working hours.
- Train, mentor and coach team members and empower them to take responsibility for their roles and goals, thus, facilitating and supporting their growth and development.
- Communicate with their partners to ensure smooth execution of a trip and adherence to company quality standards and branding.
- Proactively identify and drive action steps on guest feedback to enhance their guests’ experience.
Why would you want this job?
This is a really unique customer service opportunity for many reasons – here are a couple!
The people you work with.
- They are a very dynamic international and multi-cultural team where you will be challenged and have countless opportunities to broaden your horizons.
Support for your growth.
- Their pool of managers, trainers and coaches will guide and support you while pursuing a personalised approach to help you succeed and grow. Furthermore, they invest considerable time and resources in the growth and development of their team.
Flexible working hours.
- After the initial training, you will have considerable flexibility in your working hours.
Having an impact.
- You contribute to memories of a lifetime for their guests through the joy and wonder of personalised travel which often have a deep impact on their lives. Furthermore, they listen to their team members’ ideas and suggestions, irrespective of their seniority which gives you an opportunity to shape your own and their company’s path.
What do we expect from you?
- You love interacting with and helping people and have a passion for delighting guests and making their travel dreams come true. You are willing and keen to go the extra mile to support our guests and your team and other colleagues and comfortable with flexible working hours including evenings and weekends if necessary.
- You are an excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing. This entails strong listening skills and the ability to convey information in a structured, clear and concise way. You are able to work under pressure and handle crisis situations in a calm manner, enabling you to act and communicate clearly and confidently in challenging situations.
- You have a naturally warm and pleasant personality and excellent people skills – you are empathetic and able to put yourself “into the shoes” of our guests, team members and partners and to relate and connect with people with diverse personalities and backgrounds.
- You are passionate about supporting your team members’ development and growth and have strong training, coaching and mentoring skills.
- You are a quick learner and comfortable with embracing technology and change in general and have outstanding mental agility and solution orientation. This entails being proactive and able to “think on your feet” as well as “out of the box” to quickly find solutions in challenging situations.
- You have an international background and have been exposed to diverse cultures. You have a fluent command of the English language – bonus points for German language skills.
- You have 4+ years of management experience as well as customer service experience, preferably in tourism, and have demonstrated the ability to lead and develop a team.
Remuneration: An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, send your CV in word format with a recent photograph of yourself embedded in the top right hand corner.
Attach an application letter demonstrating how your skills, experience and qualifications are transferrable to the role.
All documentation is to be emailed to email@example.com, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.
ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted