Marketing & Sales Manager
Wells Hotels Kenya is looking for a Marketing & Sales Manager who will be responsible making and implementing a full suite of marketing & sales strategies to build awareness about the hotel, increase sales and promote customer loyalty.
S/he will also be responsible for maximizing the hotels’ revenues by developing programs to increase occupancy and make profitable use of the hotels accommodation, meeting and leisure facilities.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain Wells Hotels brand and manage brand promotions to drive sales.
- Liaise with all HODs to create new products and to enhance the existing products and packages.
- Drive strategy and plan and execute marketing initiatives for new projects, menu changes, special menus, remodels and rebranding campaigns.
- Manage advertising and public relations agencies, utilizing them as resources for brand and revenue enhancement programs.
- New product line development including feasibility study, cost benefit analysis and communicating customer feedback.
- Cooperate with other departments in the restaurant to create an exceptional customer experience and ensure that a very high level of customer service is constantly maintained.
- Serve as the main point of contact for customers and ensure the restaurant staff is fully briefed on their requirements.
- Build strong relationships with customers in order to gain full understanding of their needs and work to serve them effectively.
- Manage, record and resolve customer complaints in a prompt and professional manner.
- Design, implement, and facilitate annual marketing plan for Wells Hotels.
- Establish marketing strategies to meet Wells Hotels objectives.
- Manage and update of restaurant’s content on the website
- Evaluate customer research, market conditions, competitor data and implements marketing plan changes as needed.
- Create events in the hotel during the year (parties, launching events) and follow up to get feedback after the events.
- Manage an events schedule to maximize yield and ensure the complete administration and execution of all planned events
- Establish all the strategy of Social Media i.e. FB, Twitter, Instagram and create special promotions on the same platform.
- Submit monthly Marketing Activity Reports in an agreed format to Wells Hotels Management.
- Cultivate customer accounts and develop future and repeat business contributing to the profitability.
- Attend events, in order to build relationships with a network of potential customers and develop possible business opportunities.
- Analyze local market trends and competitor activity to identify business leads or opportunities.
- Receive and convert incoming enquiries to business and achieve targets and maximize revenue.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of all facilities, products and services provided within Wells Hotels and identify opportunities for up-selling and promoting when appropriate.
- Achieve revenue and occupancy for the financial year as agreed and predetermined with the Hotel Managers.
- Actively participate in the budgeting and forecasting process so that input is available ensuring targets are achievable and realistic with growths year on year.
- Be part of the key business decisions making team within the hotel controlling the optimum market mix according to budget, market conditions and recent forecasts.
- Hold Regular meetings with the Sales, Reservations and Front Office team with regards to day to day rate strategies.