Advertisement for the Position of a Purchase Assistant
Young Women Christian Association is a National Organization founded in 1912 whose purpose is to develop the leadership and collective power of women and girls to achieve social and economic empowerment, human rights, health, security, dignity, freedom, justice and peace for all humanity.
The Association invites application for the position of Purchase Assistant for the Head Office.
The successful candidate will be based in Nairobi and will report to the Human Resource Manager.
Purpose of the Job: In charge of completing various duties related to the inward movement of goods, supplies and raw materials into the organization
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing or editing purchase orders from various departments.
- Raising of LPOs (Local Purchase Orders)
- Checking if there is enough stock in the inventory to meet requirements.
- Placing orders with suppliers or vendors and ensuring that documentation is in order, with terms and conditions being clear.
- Maintaining a filing system in the purchase department and updating appropriate records when required.
- Look for ways to reduce costs to the organization, such as evaluating costs of purchasing from various suppliers to arrive at the best deal.
- Inspecting deliveries to verify if they are in order and as per agreed terms.
- Interacting with suppliers in case of delay in delivery of supplies, receipt of damaged or incorrect quantity of goods.
- Ensuring that the organization obtains the best value for expenditure on goods and services.
- Ensuring that suppliers are paid in a timely manner by submitting invoices on time and follow up
- Purchase of supplies, services and equipment required by the organization on a daily basis in coordination with the various departments
- Develop, compile, reconcile, and update information in supplier and stock databases to provide effective processing, information management and reporting. (monthly reporting)
- Maintain re-order levels at all times in the stores and carrying out administration duties in the stores which include record keeping in the relevant books and filling of departmental store requisitions
- Coordinate monthly stock take
Qualifications and Skills
- Diploma in Supply Chain Management / Procurement
- Diploma in Store Management
- Computer Literate
- Good oral, written and presentation skills
- Good Negotiation Skills
- High integrity
- Ability to work in a team
- Self Motivated / Honest / Reliable
- Must be a Christian
How to Apply
Candidates that are interested and meet the above qualifications are invited to send their applications to email@example.com by Close of Business 28th April 2017