An Exciting Opportunity
Zetech University is the premier university for the education of Technology, Science and Business programmes, offering an exceptional learning experience to thousands of youth from Kenya and beyond.
Our Mission is to provide holistic education and foster a culture of integrity, hard work, research innovation and creativity towards problem solving and lifelong skills.
We are seeking to recruit a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position of an Inventory and Supplies Clerk
Reporting to the Finance Officer, the position holder will, among other duties, be responsible for:
- Receiving goods from suppliers and checking that they are of the right quantity and quality
- Recording receipt of all goods and update the ERP accordingly
- Plan and manage inventory levels of all materials and products for all the campuses
- Ensure reorder levels are maintained
- Ensure safety of the goods in the store
- Reconcile stock take reports with the ERP
- Send timely notifications to departments on arrival of goods to the store
- Ascertain the quality and quantities of the goods dispatched to user departments
- Update the ERP upon dispatch
- Ensure stringent control including spend, usage, scrap, inventory levels etc;
- Verify data accuracy e.g numbers, and sort out any problems identified;
- Submit regular reports as required
- Management of assets in the university
- Ensure asset tagging of all assets is done before issuance.
- Maintain proper filing of records for the stores
- Ensure accountability of all goods received in the store
- To carry out a comprehensive review of the stores and identify and implement improvements
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies or a related area. CIPS qualified or pursuit of the same would be an added advantage
- A KCSE mean grade of C+ and above with at least a C+ in Mathematics
- Minimum 1 year previous experience in a similar role
- High levels of integrity;
- Ability to take a proactive approach to overcome challenges and achieve results;
Interested applicants to send their application letters and updated CVs via the email address – firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Ref. ZU/10/25/23 indicating the current and expected salary not later than 14th April 2017.
Zetech University is an equal opportunity employer