Since 1963 and in 146 countries, ACDI / VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy.
Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI / VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society.
ACDI / VOCA currently has approximately 44 projects in 30 countries and total revenues of $151 million.
Chief of Party, Kenya
ACDI / VOCA is currently seeking a Chief of Party for an anticipated Feed the Future Livestock Market Systems Activity in Kenya funded by USAID.
The project will enable people, households, and communities to increase their resilience, sustainably moving out of poverty and chronic vulnerability.
The COP will focus on developing and overseeing the implementation of strategy within the livestock value chain, technical supervision of market systems activities, leading the thinking around provision of facilitated infrastructure, and strategic coordination and development within the overall portfolio related to livestock.
- Provide overall technical vision, leadership, and project management
- Manage and supervise work of all international consultants, local project staff and subcontractors
- Ensure technical, schedule, and financial performance of the project in accordance with USAID rules and regulations, the scope of work, and annual work plans
- Serve as the project’s key liaison with headquarters, government counterparts, private sector stakeholders, subcontractors, academic institutions, and other local partners to exchange information and develop professional relationships
- Serve as the primary point of contact with USAID with regard to day-to-day implementation and management matters relating to the contract
- Collaboratively create and implement a strategic, long-term programmatic vision
- Evaluate sub-contractor and grantee activities through consultative meetings, site visits and reporting requirements
- Ensure that the activities and results are implemented in a timely manner within the approved budget
- Design, develop and implement strategies and project work plans to improve livestock productivity, strengthen market linkages, and expand access to markets for pastoralists
- Analyze project impact and challenges to adaptively manage the project to meet or exceed results
- Develop professional relationships, and further program goals and objectives
- Oversee program administration, human resources management, budget pipeline, and finances, ensuring compliance with USAID and ACDI/VOCA policies and procedures
- Represent ACDI/VOCA at meetings and events as required and keep HQ informed regarding new opportunities in the country and region
Please apply online at https://internationaljobs-acdivoca.icims.com/jobs/4888/chief-of-party%2c-ftf/job?mode=view.
No phone calls please.
Only finalists contacted.
Women and minorities encouraged to apply.