ACDI / VOCA is an economic development organization that fosters broad-based economic growth, raises living standards, and creates vibrant communities.
Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI / VOCA has worked in 146 countries since 1963. Its expertise is in catalyzing investment, climate smart agriculture, empowerment & resilience, institutional strengthening, and market systems.
ACDI / VOCA currently has 44 active projects in 30 countries valued at a total of more than $151 million.
Dairy Value Chain Director, Kenya
ACDI / VOCA is currently seeking a Dairy Value Chain Director for the anticipated USAID funded Kenya Feed the Future Crop and Dairy Market Systems Development Activity Program.
The project’s primary focus will be to increase agricultural productivity and incomes of smallholder farmers and other farmers.
This anticipated FTF-funded Activity will have a strong focus on sustainable, private-sector driven market development in the dairy, horticulture, and grains value chains.
The Dairy Value Chain Director is expected to manage value chain assessments that will inform interventions following a facilitative approach that promotes lasting sustainability.
Program interventions in dairy will work through market participants as drivers of change and are likely to target include improved competitiveness and trade, increased farm household productivity and market access, improved nutrition-related behaviors and improved access to diverse and quality food, and building the sustainability local organizations.
The Dairy Value Chain Director is expected to lead the development and management of all interventions across the dairy value chain.
This position is will be required to lead a team of technical advisors.
The location for this position is TBD.
- 10 years’ international experience with successful value chain development projects with significant management responsibility. Familiarity with the dairy value chain in Kenya is required.
- 10 years’ experience on projects with similar magnitude and complexity in developing countries.
- Demonstrated success in implementing projects aimed at increasing the competitiveness and inclusiveness of value chains using facilitation approaches.
- Experience working in or providing capacity building services to the private sector is desired.
- Master’s Degree in a field relevant to agricultural development such as: agricultural economics, marketing, post-harvest handling, agribusiness management or related fields.
- Willingness to travel required. Applicants may be expected to relocate to regional offices depending on solicitation requirements.
- Fluency in English required.
How to Apply
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs.
No phone calls please.
Only finalists will be contacted.
Women, minorities, and Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply.