ACDI / VOCA is an economic development organization that fosters broad-based economic growth, raises living standards, and creates vibrant communities.
Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA has worked in 146 countries since 1963. Its expertise is in catalyzing investment, climate smart agriculture, empowerment & resilience, institutional strengthening, and market systems.
ACDI / VOCA currently has 44 active projects in 30 countries valued at a total of more than $151 million.
Nutrition Specialist, Kenya
ACDI/VOCA is currently seeking a Nutrition Specialist for the anticipated USAID funded Kenya Feed the Future Crop and Dairy Market Systems Development Activity.
This anticipated FTF funded activity will have a strong focus on sustainable, private-sector driven market development in the dairy, horticulture, and grains value chains.
Activity interventions are likely to include improved competitiveness and trade, increased farm household productivity and market access, improved nutrition-related behaviors and improved access to diverse and quality food, and building the sustainability local organizations.
The Nutrition Specialist will be required to work across the targeted value chains and develop approaches that ensure program interventions are nutrition sensitive.
Location for this position is TBD.
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, international agriculture, food security or other relevant field.
- Minimum 8 years of progressively responsible experience working on large projects focusing on nutrition, hygiene, food security or other related technical areas.
- Demonstrated successful experience in implementing programs aimed at increasing the competitiveness and inclusiveness of agricultural value chains.
- Demonstrated history of providing highly effective technical and managerial leadership on projects of similar size and scope.
- Understanding of Kenyan nutritional and agricultural context.
- Experience with USAID is preferred.
- Willingness to travel required. Applicants may be expected to relocate to regional offices depending on solicitation requirements.
- Fluency in English required.
How to Apply
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs.
No phone calls please.
Only finalists will be contacted.
Women, minorities, and Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply.