Duma Works is recruiting a Senior Business Development Manager in Nairobi for African Management Initiative; a rapidly growing company that empowers African managers and entrepreneurs through practical and accessible learning and development tools.
The Senior Business Development Manager will be an aggressive and ambitious business development professional who consistently beats targets and sets the agenda in his or her sector.
S/he must be a driven self-starter; a tech-savvy professional with great people and project skills, and the ability to analyse an organisation,understand its learning and development needs and work with our world-class learning design team to scope and sell a solution.
S/he will report to the General Manager, East Africa as senior member in a team of BD Managers and Associates. The successful candidate will be a key player in a dynamic, international team focused obsessively on results. We work hard, innovate constantly and have fun.
This is a great opportunity for a business development star with a passion for learning and business growth to play a part in Africa’s transformation.
The successful candidate will focus on building and managing company’s portfolio of mid-large clients.
This will include both partner organisations (intermediaries such as business associations) and corporations.
- Strengthen company’s pipeline of partner organisations and businesses (B2B) in Kenya.
- Achieve and surpass monthly and quarterly sales targets.
- Understand business needs and work with the learning team to craft solutions Identify and generate leads through networking, events, and business associations Identify new market segments and opportunities; Work with the learning and product teams to develop new products to meet the needs of these segments.
- Manage the full sales cycle including prospecting, contacting, nurturing and closing deals.
- Work closely with the rest of the Business Development team to develop and improve on best practices & processes
- Work collaboratively with the learning team to devise strategies that meet the client’s needs and budget.
- Work with programme management teams to manage client relationships throughout the sales cycle and beyond.
- Manage client contract renewals and pricing.
- Support partner organisations in marketing company’s services to constituents.
- Proven success in consultative sales and B2B business development.
- A drive and tenacity to develop completely new sales.
- Ability to identify and help solve problems for potential clients.
- Ability to generate new leads and relationships and systematically convert those leads into deals.
- Ability to negotiate pricing and contracts with mid and large corporate clients.
- A commitment to AMI’s values of excellence, innovation and accountability.
- Clear and effective communicator –both written and verbal.
- Strong people skills.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Absolutely rock-solid integrity.
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years business development experience, specifically selling consulting or business services (B2B).
- Documented success managing a full sales cycle.
- Direct experience working on client accounts.
- Experience writing business documents such as proposals and training presentations.
- Experience working in entrepreneurial or high-growth environment (essential).
- Experience using Salesforce or other CRM systems desired.
Employment Status: Full-time. 6-month trial period.
Remuneration: Competitive retainer, attractive bonus and commission.
Manage Others: No
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to email@example.com marking the subject as “2838”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2838 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 09 June 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.