Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu
Exciting Career Opportunity
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya, which is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network.
The hospital is part of a network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach health facilities across East Africa.
The Aga Khan Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2008 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services and is moving towards Joint Commission International Accreditation.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has also expanded its services to Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Busia and Homa Bay Counties.
The Hospital seeks to recruit a professional for the following position:
Nurse In Charge – Maternity
Overall Responsibility: Reporting to the Director Nursing and Operations, the successful candidate will be responsible for promoting and maintaining high standards of professional nursing care by planning, organizing and controlling nursing care services in the Maternity & MCH department while ensuring consistent provision of efficient and ethical care to achieve quality nursing care.
- Coordinates patient care delivery
- Maintains orderly flow of admissions and discharges
- Perform regular rounds within the unit to ensure smooth operations
- Assesses patient care needs and monitors patient satisfaction.
- Addresses and resolves patients’ complaints in timely manner.
- Ensure adequate stocks are ordered, monitor usage, analyze variances and initiate corrective actions for variances identified.
- Identify staff training needs as well as organize for continuous nursing education.
- Participate in the Nursing Division Quality Improvement activities and institutional quality activities.
- Organize and hold regular departmental meetings to enhance multidisciplinary collaboration and team work.
- Supervise staff in the unit and ensure adequate safe staffing on all shifts.
- Evaluates staff performance on an ongoing basis and completes staff performance appraisals in a timely manner, and ensures availability of monthly reports on unit activity.
- Participate in Hospital coverage
- Bsc Nursing will be an added advantage.
- Kenya Registered Community Health Nurse or Kenya Registered Nurse /Midwife is mandatory
- Basic Life Support /Advanced Cardiac Life Support /Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics certificate and other unit specific certification requirements.
- At least three years working experience in nursing practice and administration in a Maternity department.
- Valid Kenyan nursing practice licence.
- Working knowledge of a hospital Management Information System.
- Excellent Public Relations and Communication Skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to email their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees, current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 26th May, 2017.
“Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer and does not solicit any funds to secure a job”