Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu
Exciting Career Opportunity
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya, which is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network.
The hospital is part of a network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach health facilities across East Africa.
The Aga Khan Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2008 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services and is moving towards Joint Commission International Accreditation.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has also expanded its services to Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Busia and Homa Bay Counties.
The Hospital seeks to recruit a professional for the following position:
Overall Responsibility: Reporting to the Laboratory Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the collection of blood samples and receiving specimen from in and out-patients, packaging and shipping pathological specimen to relevant laboratories and attending to blood donors in the main laboratory.
- Timely collection of blood samples and other types of specimens for laboratory investigations from both in-patients and out-patients as per test requirements.
- Timely recording and distribution of specimens to laboratory for processing.
- Maintain adequate stocks of phlebotomy supplies within the section.
- Bleed donors as per the laboratory standard operating procedures.
- Attend to patients’ queries and demonstrate good public relations and customer care.
- Support the laboratory to maintain ISO 15189:2012 Accreditation.
- Certificate in Phlebotomy or its equivalent.
- Excellent public relations and communication skills.
- At least two years working experience in a similar position.
- Excellent computer skills and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Candidates who have worked in an accredited laboratory will have an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to email their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees, current and expected salary to email@example.com on or before 22nd May, 2017.
“Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer and does not solicit any funds to secure a job”