Job Vacancy: Assistant Instructor
Objective: Our Client is a global youth employment programme that helps provide young adults the opportunity to build successful careers and change their life trajectories.
In Kenya, they has successfully launched four training programmes: Financial Services Sales, Retail and Restaurant Services, Distributed Sales and Customer Service Agency.
We are seeking a talented Assistant Instructor to lead the delivery of our Customer Service Agent program in Kenya.
The Assistant Instructor will report to the Center Coordinator and will work in collaboration with the main instructor and Organization Program Kenya staff.
In addition, he / she will be required to undergo an orientation training which will integrate in-person training and virtual learning through the organization Learning Management System (LMS).
Assistant Instructor Responsibilities
A. Delivery of Skills-based Training
- Follow the overarching structure and flow of the organization curriculum, including behavioral skills, mindsets, technical, and employment essentials sessions.
- Prepare and personalize organization sessions by reviewing curriculum materials, creating annotated session plans, and integrating stories or examples to increase participant learning.
- Deliver instruction that is rigorous, relevant, and appropriate for adult learners.
- Engage participants in active thinking and participatory learning using effective facilitation techniques.
- Explain complex topics in a non-technical way.
- Adapt his / her communication style to reflect and connect with the diverse experiences of participants.
- Differentiate instruction to meet individual learning needs and accommodate different learning styles.
- Provide in-the-moment feedback to organization participants to clarify misunderstandings and/or encourage critical thinking.
- Administer, grade, and provide feedback to participants through session and weekly assessments.
- Build relationships with participants, develop an understanding of their personal strengths and challenges, and foster a supportive classroom environment.
- Work with program mentor and organization staff to identify and mitigate potential risks to participant success and achievement of their goals.
- Motivate and support participants to persevere through challenges and continue on their journey of professional and personal growth.
Assistant Instructor Qualifications and Characteristics
Characteristics / Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree (preferred any related field)
- Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
- At least 1 year experience in Customer Service role and specifically in a call centre role
- At least one experience delivering training (e.g. new hire onboarding, on-the-job training, formal classroom instruction, coaching or mentoring).
- Previous experience in coaching, training or instructional delivery is an added advantage
Good to have
- Experience teaching and/or working closely with disadvantaged young adults between the ages of 18 and 30.