Duma Works is recruiting an Audit Senior for one of clients in Nairobi.
- To assist the Audit Manager or Partners to conduct review of audit tax file, secretarial file and permanent files prior to commencing audit to enable correct presentation and disclosures are made in financial statements.
- To supervise and assist the staff in the Audit Department working in your team.
- Ensuring audits are carried out as per audit program of the firm and applicable tax laws of the country.
- Ensuring audits are finished within the time limits assigned by the Audit Manager or Partner.
- Ensuring the audit file meets the quality criterion of the firm and ICPAK.
- Ensuring maintenance and adherence to office discipline.
- To be willing to dedicate extra time as per work requirements and/or as per request by Partners or Audit Manager.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities bestowed upon by Audit Manager or Partners from time to time.
- Ensuring the audit is done as per standard Auditing Practices and Financial Statements are prepared and are in compliance as per International Financial Reporting Standards and international Accounting Standards.
- To submit audit file complete in all respects including management letter points and correct tax computations, related appendixes before submitting file to audit manager/partner for review.
- To develop relations with clients handled and ensuring to understand operations and activities of the client.
- To remain updated with all developments in accountancy and audit tax fields.
- To remain available for all trainings whether held during or after workings hours.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities bestowed upon by Partners/Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or the equivalent combination of Education, training, and work experience.
- A minimum of at least 5 years audit experience is required as well as one or more relevant professional certifications.
- Multinational firm experience is desirable.
- Ability to speak Gujarati or Punjabi will be an added advantage.
General Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to observe and understand business processes ensuring processes are documented completely and accurately.
- Ability to apply audit standards through practical application.
- Proactive in researching business best practice concepts in order to apply as appropriate.
- Solid listening skills and ability to identify gaps in logic – inquisitive.
- Strong organization and follow up skills including the ability to handle competing priorities and meet all deadlines and commitments.
- Possess an appropriate combination of technical expertise in fields such as auditing, finance, technology, operations, or investigations.
- Ability to give and follow instructions accurately and efficiently; proactive in asking clarifying questions to ensure work effort is directed wholly toward desired outcome.
- Ability to recognize when learned theoretical concepts should be applied.
- Solid understanding and ability to apply risk and control concepts.
- Ability to identify underlying cause of an issue raised.
- Good awareness of other departments in the company with risk, control, and governance responsibilities and what is necessary for successful tactical collaboration and information sharing.
- Good communication skills along with good or developing negotiation skills.
- Ability to identify sensitive issues and facilitate communications in a proactive manner to avoid surprises.
- Willingness and ability to adapt to new circumstances, information, and challenges.
- Executes effective and thorough application of all internal audit standards within assigned responsibility.
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to email@example.com marking the subject as “2813”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2813 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx.
If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 26 May 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.