Ubuntu Life Foundation
Job Vacancy: Cafe Manager
Status: Full time
Report to: Enterprise Director
Purpose: A versatile, intelligent and energetic Café Manager works with suppliers, customers and hosting staff, as well as with the kitchen staff and, most of all, works to keep customers happy enough to return and encourage others to visit the restaurant.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Maintain high standards of quality control, hygiene, health and safety.
- Responsible for day to day operations and performance.
- Set weekly budget and goals to meet financial objectives.
- Prepare weekly/monthly reports on café sales & pay-outs.
- Organize marketing activities at Café and social media e.g. promotional events
- Check stock levels, advice on supplies orders and prepare petty cash.
- Respond to customer queries and complains.
- Handle reservations e.g. lunches, dinners, wedding events, birthday parties etc.
- Advice on menus and pricing.
- Work with the government on legal documents of operations.
- Recruit and train when needed with the help of the HR.