Duma works is recruiting a Human Resource Manager for one of its clients in the Transport Industry.
The client is a leading car tracking service provider in East Africa.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulating and implementing HR Manual, policies and ensuring that they are implemented and adhered to
- Reviewing the HR policies from time to time
- Plans, organizes and controls all activities of the department. Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems
- Advisory role to management on remuneration matters guided by salary surveys in the industry and government wage orders
- In charge of recruitment at all levels, induction of new staff, drawing and issuance of contracts and ensuring that the staff understand their contract
- Handling employee separation ensuring it is done as per the terms of their contracts
- Performance management and performance appraisal
- Coordination of training and development programs which entails drawing of training calendar
- Ensuring that the HRM is up to date at all times and that the information there in matches the physical records
- Coordinating all activities on Occupational Health and Safety
- Ensuring that the established disciplinary and grievance handling procedures are followed in resolving disciplinary matters in an amicable manner
- Handle and represent the company in matters relating to external agencies including government officers, Union, FKE, NEMA etc
- Degree in a Human Resource Management
- Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management
- A registered member of IHRM
- A minimum of 3 – 4 years of experience in a busy Office
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups
- Service oriented with the ability to motivate staff and achieve results
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2806”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2806 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx.
If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 19 May 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.