Job Vacancy: Chief Operating Officer (COO)
The person will be responsible for developing a strategic support services function that is responsive and proactive to business and client needs.
- To develop and implement the operations and business growth strategies, policies and procedures to ensure delivery of business objectives.
- To provide strategic leadership in the overall performance of operations and be responsible for growth in customer base, savings, loan book, portfolio quality and profitability and ensure operations run smoothly while mitigating business risks and controls based on the long and short term business strategies and objectives.
- Develop and implement plans for effective customer service, marketing, product development and research for client retention and growth.
- Ensure overall achievement of company targets as per the annual work plans including coordinating the preparation, implementation and monitoring of the operations budget.
- Ensure all branches are profitable and operate within the established policies and procedures and comply with all regulatory requirements and ensure that all audit recommendations are implemented within the set timelines.
- Create strategic partnerships to enhance and sustain positive business growth and open up new frontiers.
- Overseeing customer facing-positions, monitoring quality assurance and product management
- Ensure operational efficiency by advising and optimizing caseloads for staff across branches
- Develop and improve financial services to address customer needs and gain competitive advantages
- Preparation, analysis and management of monthly operations reporting for information and decision making
- To provide direction on the company’s social responsibility framework by empowering clients and improving their livelihoods
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business Administration required, Master’s degree desirable or equivalent work experience,
- At least 8 experience in credit management in a reputable banking or microfinance institution.
- 4-year experience minimum in banking or microfinance as a director of operations or as branch manager of a significant branch, previous extensive experience of the management of a microfinance portfolio an asset,
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic/operational plans for financial institutions,
- Excellent organizational, planning, analytical and problem-solving skills,
- High level of customer service and strong willingness to work in the field,
- Strong business management and negotiation skills,
- Experience managing and motivating a large staff,
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and training skills,
- Excellent technical report writing skills and computer literacy
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please send your resume and a brief cover letter outlining why this is for you, what your salary expectations are to the email address: email@example.com with the Job Title as the Subject of your email.
Application Deadline: 23 May 2017