Job Vacancy: Technical Adviser – Micro Health Insurance
Location: Mbeya, Tanzania
International Center for Development and Research (CIDR), is an International Development NGO which one of the main areas of expertise and intervention is Micro Health Insurance.
CIDR is implementing, in partnership with HIMSO, a Tanzanian NGO, a program in the region of Mbeya in Tanzania to support and boost CHF (Community Health Fund), by promoting member based associations at District level (Mbozi, Kyela, Busokelo and Rungwe districts) and innovative products including a technology based on emergency transport product, and involving several partners like District Authorities and agribusiness companies.
The Programme is funded by United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Brot für die Welt (BfdW)- Bread For the World – , Elton John Aids Foundation (EJAF), Human Development Innovation Fund (HDIF / DFID), and Private agribusiness companies.
Under the supervision of CIDR East Africa Regional Office Director and CIDR senior health financing expert, provide expertise and technical support to HIMSO in order to strengthen its technical, financial and project management capacity.
II. Duties and responsibilities
- Back up to and monitoring of HIMSO for extension of the approach in the four districts,
- Training of HIMSO in the field of organizational development and project management,
- Facilitation and support to partnership between the stakeholders,
- Improving the information and monitoring system of the project and micro insurance products with specific focus on the emergency transport system,
- Documentation on methodologies and tools developed, capitalization on lessons learnt,
- Participation in national workshops and conferences to present developed innovative approaches,
- Contribution to the strategic and business planning for CIDR in Tanzania regarding micro health insurance and health financing mechanisms.
At least Master degree in economics, insurance or finance.
At least 5 years in design, support to and / or implementation of micro insurance methodologies and products in Africa (preferably in Eastern Africa) as technical adviser including health financing and micro health insurance, with strong background on product development and implementation.
Experience in the use of new technologies to improve efficiency of micro health insurance product delivery will be appreciated.
V. Professional skills
- Health micro insurance and health financing mechanisms,
- Information system and NTIC,
- Business planning,
- Elaboration and implementation of training modules in micro health insurance, Excellent capacities of negotiations and interpersonal skills,
- Knowledge management and transfer of competency,
- Excellent command of office computer software (Word, Excel, Power Point), and internet (E mail and web),
- Excellent writing skills.
- Fluency in English. Fluency in French will be a plus.
VI. Terms of contract
- 14 month contract
- Salary as per CIDR grid, accommodation in Mbeya
- Position based in Mbeya, Tanzania, with frequent missions in Dar Es Salaam.
Position to be filled: Immediately.