Function / Department: Sea Freight Transit Import / Export
Position Title: Commercial Manager – Transit
Reports To: Commercial Manager Kenya
Direct Reports / Supervises: Pricing team in Mombasa
Job Purpose: Transit business continuity and development
- Transport team
- Commercial team
- Company Entities
- Stake holders
- Shipping lines
- Follow up on timely quotes/queries according to the set group KPIs, 24 hours for general quotes, on or before deadline of tenders or special inquiries
- Offer direction and instructions to the pricing team based in Mombasa.
- Ensure financial aspect and service aspects of contracts are clear to all parties.
- Monthly report on client evolution and advising the management of any significant changes.
- Closely monitor selected client’s performance and hold regular review/KPI meetings with the operation teams.
- Keep an eye on Mukwano operations in the initial phase to ensure sustainable service and smooth transition period.
- Attend regular client meetings and corridor country visits. Uganda on average monthly and other countries on quarterly basis and as and when required by Management.
- Monitor any significant developments by the competition and inform Management of the same.
- Collect and analyze market information to determine Company position and help develop and review business strategies.
- Prepare monthly reports to assist forecasting, measure market share, market trends and demand.
- Monitor monthly/yearly volumes and workout with the rest of the commercial teams on a strategy to secure more volumes and meet the budget figures.
- Ensure that the monthly set budget volumes per country is achieved
- Develop three new clients across the board with an average volume of 50 TEUs per Month
- Organizing skills
- Communication skills
- Computer literacy
- 5 years in the freight forwarding / logistics industry
- Team Player
- Business Degree
Diploma in Sales and Marketing
Salary: KSh.300, 000 to 400, 000
How to Apply
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating expected salary and their daytime contact to email@example.com (Subject of the email should be the title of the POSITION APPLIED FOR + JOB REF).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews