Job Vacancy: Communications Manager
Purpose: Conceptualize, plan and implement the company’s internal and external communications.
- Manage the day-to-day internal and external communications and marketing activities
- Correspond with external and internal stakeholders to keep them informed of company developments.
- Maintain a strong brand for the company, including impactful and fit-for-purpose publications, web site and social media merchandise.
- Prepare publications and articles on for internal and external communications
- Build on existing and develop new relationships with our clients, media, key decision makers, suppliers and other relevant parties
- The ideal candidate will work closely with the marketing department develop marketing materials; create/write case studies and product guides to drive sales.
- Media management
- Web & Social media management as well as communicating with the media and other interested parties to announce new products and discuss organizational changes in a way that attempts to maintain a positive image of the company.
- Research and plan out communications programs
- Event planning
- Distribute invitations, Liaise with the relevant parties on design and content of the advertisement material, distribution of the same to all relevant platforms.
- Create strategies to increase employee awareness and promote productivity
- Plan and write content for copy publications, website pages, scripts for presentation and videos, product brochures, sales leaflets, corporate brochures, annual reports for shareholders, newsletters, customer magazines.
- Effectively communicate with our different target audiences, including customers, journalists, investors, suppliers and the community, advise other employees and managers on communication tasks, and use written and verbal skills to create a wide range of product and corporate communication material.
Skill competencies & personal attributes
- Have an eye for details
- Be deadline oriented
- Must be a confident communicator and presenter
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
- Self motivated with a positive and professional approach to management
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and within a small dynamic team
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Ability to manage a complex workload and work to tight deadlines
- Minimum of a degree / diploma in communications or related field
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the field
- Experience in project management with a proven track record.
- Experience of working across a broad range of media including digital, social and print
Interested and qualified applicants should send their applications and CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 27th January 2017.