Cytonn Technologies (CT) is the Technology affiliate of Cytonn Investments, an alternative investments management firm with offices in Nairobi – Kenya and the D.C. Metro Area in the US.
Cytonn Technologies is a respected technology solutions provider that offers innovative, differentiated and efficient technology products and support, web-based solutions and integrated business solutions.
Cytonn Technologies invites software engineers who are passionate about technology, web development and software in general to join Cytonn as adjunct developers who will contribute to some of its projects working closely with Cytonn Software Engineers.
Job Type: Contract
Job Category: Software Development
This opportunity is open to developers who are passionate about software and can deliver quality code that will meet Cytonn standards.
With the realization that many great developers are not able to join Cytonn on a full time basis, this opportunity is flexible and enables one to work from anywhere. It is also open to students who want to gain industry experience while still in school.
Once accepted into the program, developers will be given access to a special website on which Cytonn engineers will be posting code challenges or projects that associates will be able to bid for.
- Analyze business problems and develop algorithms
- Build clean and well tested software adhering to Cytonn technologies standards
- Package and deliver code for review by Cytonn engineers
- Research on specific requirements and develop solutions for Cytonn
- Provide documentation for any code developed for Cytonn
- KCSE grade B and above
- Thorough knowledge of at least one web programming language preferably PHP with Laravel Framework
- Knowledge of modern web technologies
- Familiarity with test driven development
- Demonstration of past experience with web development. Experienced developers must show live projects they have completed.
- Github portfolio
- Degree in Computer science or related preferred by not required
This is a great opportunity for students because they will gain access to Cytonn engineers and will be able to work through typical business problems that will expose them to industry and make them ready to join the workforce after graduation.
In order to be successful in this adjunct position, candidates must send their github profiles that show the type of work that they have been doing.
Additionally, they will need to share links to live projects that they have developed with clear indication of the role they played on those projects and the technologies they employed. Students must show a clear track record of prior work.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
Deadline: Open until filled