Duma works is recruiting a Digital Marketer for its client in the entertainment industry.
The recruiting firm is a leading entertainment production firm.
The work of Digital Communications is central to the growth and success of the company.
We generally only marketing ourselves using digital platforms, and so keeping these full of interesting and engaging content, is key to the promotion and prominence of the company.
You are the public voice of the company and a key member of the team.
Your daily and weekly task areas can be broken down in the following ways:
- Creating and posting engaging written content on our site
- Creating written communication for direct sales
- Creating news stories from our members and the ecosystem
- Email marketing – In the form of our monthly newsletter and direct marketing via email
- Social media management – Maintaining our social media engagement and growth (Insta, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and G+)
Marketing and Awareness
- Improving SEO and site visits to boost our sales
- Events promotion – primarily via social media listings and email marketing
- Events coverage – uploading images and engaging on Twitter
- Community communication – Keeping our members informed with what is happening in the space, to build a community feeling
- Keeping our digital assets up-to-date and looking hot
- Keeping the company visible on listing sites, affiliate sites and online magazines
Skills and Expertise
- Great natural writing ability – This is the core of your work so its very helpful for you to be able to push out well-written and flowing copy, in your sleep
- Good understanding of how social media works and how it can be used in marketing to drive brand awareness
- Great analytical skills
- Good personal style and an interest in taking over the world
- A preference for working independently
- Intelligent and a quick learner
- Good with people (Our strategy for marketing Nairobi Garage is a lot to do with marketing our members and the cool things they are doing. Its much easier to do this when you can strike up a conversation over coffee with those in the space)
What you won’t need
- Design skills – We have graphic designers we use who can put together designs for campaigns – but if you’re good at graphics, that’s always a plus!
- Web design or development – We have a web developer who does any technical website updating
How to Apply
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to email@example.com marking the subject as “2823”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2823 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Wednesday, 24 May 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.