Shining Hope for Community (SHOFCO)
Job title: Early Childhood Development (ECD) Coordinator
Location: Nairobi (Kibera)
Reports to: Community Programs Officer and Kibera Programs Manager
Working Hours: Mon-Fri, 8.00am to 5.00pm
Main purpose of the job: The position holder will manage the implementation of SHOFCO’s integrated early childhood development (ECD) program and effectively coordinate various ECD-related activities implemented at the JJJ Community Health Clinic, Kibera School for Girls, and the Day Care Center.
- Manage and oversee the implementation of the ECD program components of the Kibera School for Girls, the JJJ Community Health Clinic and the Community Day Care Center
- Ensure strong communication and close coordination with key staff, including the Assistant Headmistress at KSG, the nutritionist, MCH, and pediatrics staff at the JJJ Clinic, and the Day Care Manager to ensure effective implementation of the ECD programs components.
- Organize parent/caregiver training through ECD learning and support groups that meet monthly
- Oversee the rigorous selections process of new students from the community for the new Pre-K classes in 2015 and of the toddlers into Community Day Care Center
- Organize and conduct capacity building trainings to staff and caregivers on a quarterly basis focusing on early childhood development, child protection and health.
- Manage procurement of curriculum materials specific for Pre-K students and day care children
- Develop play-based curriculum for Day Care Center
- Conduct at least 2 learning workshops for parents in a year focusing on early childhood health and development.
- Coordinate with Community Programs Officer and Economic Empowerment Coordinator in (1) spreading awareness for GS&L and SWEP services in tandem with early child care workshops to increase caregiver enrollment and (2) employing additional community outreach workers to increase local engagement and awareness of economic empowerment program
Metrics and Evaluation
- Document and share project successes and lessons learned with the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation and other stakeholders.
- Manage reporting and review of regular reports from key ECD staff from KSG, clinic, and day care center, including: compiling and disseminating for technical review; facilitating a process to identify issues, challenges and innovative responses highlighted in reports; and organizing and sharing compiled feedback for improvements in project quality and partner support.
- Assist the Grants and Data Officer in preparation, review, and finalization of the Year 1 interim report and Year 1-2 annual narrative and financial reports for submission to donor.
- Coordinate participatory planning and implementation of a final evaluation process to capture learning and results from the life of the project.
- Assist in coordinating internal and external M&E support to the project as needed.
Budgeting and Financial Planning and Review
- Assist in developing annual operating budgets for all ECD-related program components
- In collaboration with Community Programs officer, Program Manager and finance staff, review and analyze budget comparison reports and take necessary steps to ensure proper management and utilization of project funds.
- Review project expenditures, carry out regular budget tracking, and take the lead on request for modifications as and when needed.
- Monitor tracking of cost share activities and expenses.
Minimum Requirement qualification are:
- A diploma in ECD
- Two years’ experience in coordination of ECD centers
- Experience in teaching ECD and curriculum development
- Monitoring and evaluation including development of data capture tools
- Management and leadership
- Good communication skills
- Computer literacy especially use of google docs
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to the HR Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org quoting their current and expected salaries.
Applications without this information will not be considered.
DO NOT ATTACH TESTIMONIALS at this point.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should reach us no later than 17th May 2017.