Shining Hope for Communities (SHOFCO)
Position: ECD Teacher
Reports to: ECD Coordinator
Hours: Mon- Fri, 8:00am to 5:00pm
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- The jobholder is responsible for childcare duties at on-site daycare center accurately, efficiently, and following all guidelines.
- Assists in development and execution of plans for the Daycare; performing routine and non-routine tasks.
- Organize, implement, coordinate, and control services of the childcare program
- Set up and maintain an organized and clutter free environment safe for the children
- Supervising children at all times
- Oversee the assigned daycare attendants
- Responsible for submitting and implementing a weekly themed lesson plan
- Work closely with the coordinator to implement learning approaches/methodologies
- Carry out proper child guidance
- Work closely with the social worker to follow up on absenteeism and referrals for health issues
- Ensure clean and safe environment for children
- Assist in feeding the children during meals set up
- Coordinate parent partnership plan to ensure effective child care and protection among the caregivers/parents
- Perform other duties as assigned by coordinator or other supervisors
- High level of motivation, organization, honesty, commitment and professional responsibility
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Accurate and detail oriented
- Ready to learn new concepts, methodologies and approaches
- Diploma in Early Childhood Development Education
- At least 2 year experience
- Must be able to communicate effectively with parents
- Be respectful
- Child friendly with no previous record of child abuse
- Be flexible
- Team oriented
- Excellent child care
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to the HR Manager, email@example.com quoting their current and expected salaries.
Applications without this information will not be considered.
DO NOT ATTACH TESTIMONIALS at this point.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should reach us no later than 24th May 2017.