Opportunity to join Educate! Kenya as a Mentor Fellow
Educate! is a high growth, award winning education NGO operating in Uganda and Rwanda and currently expanding to Kenya.
Educate! provides youth with skills training in leadership, entrepreneurship and workforce readiness, along with mentorship, to start real businesses at school.
Our model is delivered through practically-trained teachers and empowered youth mentors. Educate!’s goal is to make this practical, skills based model part of National Education Systems.
Do you want an experience working with an international NGO?
Educate! is looking for young, motivated and passionate Kenyans to join the Educate! Youth Business Experience (YBE) as Mentors in Kajiado.
The YBE is a two‐year program in which Mentors run Educate!’s Leadership and Entrepreneurship Course (LEC) in secondary schools, receive Business Coaching, access to opportunities, trainings through Educate!’s network and a stipend to grow your business!
The ideal candidate is a youth (age 19 - 24) and meets the following criteria:
- Entrepreneurial: Runs a small enterprise (driven by local resources and meeting the needs of local people)
- Leadership: Can facilitate trainings; has leadership experience in a school, with youth or in their community
- Qualifications: Form 4 graduate; diploma or degree student
- Personal qualities: Able to mentor and motivate other young people to solve local problems, excellent time manager, confident, dynamic, charismatic, reflective and open-‐minded, and gifted with great interpersonal skills
This Unique Opportunity is open to only 20 participants from Kajiado County (Rongai, Ngong, Kiserian, Karen and surrounding areas).
1) Submit a summary of your business project (no more than 1 page), on email to email@example.com.
2) Write an essay of not more than 300 words in response to the questions below:
You have been given Ksh. 30,000 to start a business.
Which business would you start with this amount?
How would you ensure that you use this amount to make profit in your business in a period of 6 months?
Priority deadline for applications is on 19th May, however, interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis with interest to fill this position asap.