Ewaso Ngiro South River Basin Development Authority (ENSDA) is a state corporation established by an act of parliament cap 447 of the laws of Kenya.
The Authority’s mandate ¡s to initiate, plan, implement and co-ordinate socio-economic development projects and programs within the region.
ENSDA invites applications for the following position:
Job Grade 12
Job Reference: ENSDA/SA/02/2017
We are seeking to recruit a Senior Accountant with ability to maintain adequate and efficient financial accounting system to facilitate effective carrying out of Authority activities; facilitating departments with required necessary financial accounting support and advice to enable smooth functioning of the Authority.
Duties and responsibilities will entail:
- Process and coordinate the Authority’s accounts payables as outlined in the ENSDA’s Financial Procedures Manual
- Provide operational support to staff on expenditure management to include short term action plans and expenditure scheduling.
- Assist in the maintenance of up-to-date and accurate cash book summaries and cheque registers
- Check and recommend payments – verify payment vouchers in accordance with laid down rules and principles and determine aggregate expenditure
- Control of expenditure and below- the- line (BTL) Authority accounts.
- Process, approve and code expenditure (claims, imprests, surrenders and purchase requisitions) and internal recoveries in accordance with budgets.
- Prepare monthly accountancy reports on expenditure and cash management and review monthly expenditure statements.
- Participate in internal audits as scheduled and provide auditors with accounting documents as requested and provide explanations on audit queries.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of the ENSDA payroll in liaison with the Chief Manager, Finance.
- Generate all payroll related expenditure i.e. staff salaries, statutory deductions, voluntary deductions and other employer deductions
- Process and maintain consultancy payment and remittance of any related statutory deductions to the relevant authorities
- Prepare staff debtors and creditors schedules for approval and deduction
- Process and file annual returns for staff and other statutory bodies
- Process all monthly related reports and maintain monthly reconciliation of all the payroll reports and control accounts
- Supervise and appraise assigned accountants and assistants periodically and annually.
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time by management.