Excellent Career Openings
Our client, The Energy Regulatory Commission (the Commission) is a State Corporation established under the Energy Act, 2006.
The Commission is the sector regulatory agency responsible for economic and technical regulation of electric power, renewable energy and downstream petroleum sub-sectors.
This includes tariff setting and review, licensing, enforcement of standards, energy sector plans preparation, dispute settlement and approval of power purchase and network service contracts for the benefit of the all stakeholders.
The Commission is seeking to recruit suitably qualified, experienced, result-oriented and highly motivated Kenya citizens to fill the following vacant positions:
Compliance & Enforcement Officer (Environment, Health & Safety)
Ref. No ERC/COE/01)
Reporting to the Environment Health & Safety, Enforcement & Compliance Manager, the successful candidates will be responsible for ensuring compliance with EHS policies, guidelines and regulations by operators in the electric power, petroleum and Renewable energy subsectors.
To accomplish this, the job holders are expected to work closely with relevant statutory bodies such as NEMA, DOSHS, ACA, NPS, KEBS and County Governments.
- Participate in the formulation of EHS policies, guidelines and regulations for the energy sector;
- Surveillance of unsafe business operations in the energy sector and undertake unscheduled inspections with the view to improving or stopping the operations;
- Provision of improvement notices or stop orders to noncompliant business undertakings in the energy sector;
- In liaison with the Legal department, assist in the preparation of charge sheets for operators/business owners arrested for noncompliance in the energy sector;
- Provision of advice on demolition of unsafe business premises in the energy sector as ordered by Court;
- Provision of advice on safe disposal of energy related products confiscated in risky business premises as ordered by Court;
- Undertake investigations of reported cases of non-compliance in the energy sector;
- Preparation of status reports on the level of compliance in the energy sector; and
- Participate in intergovernmental enforcement committees and forums.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Physical Sciences from a recognized university;
- A minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience.
Other mandatory requirements and information for all positions:
In addition to the skills stated above, applicants shall be expected to;
1) To be excellent team players with good planning, interpersonal communication, report writing, problem solving, decision making and supervisory skills;
2) Be of high standards of integrity;
3) Have proficiency in computers and MS Office packages; and
4) Be able to communicate effectively in English & Kiswahili.
Applicants are further required to provide a detailed CV indicating their current and previous employers, positions held, current and expected salary, names of at least three professional referees, education and professional certificates together with a copy of national identity card or passport.