Excellent Career Openings
Our client, The Energy Regulatory Commission (the Commission) is a State Corporation established under the Energy Act, 2006.
The Commission is the sector regulatory agency responsible for economic and technical regulation of electric power, renewable energy and downstream petroleum sub-sectors.
This includes tariff setting and review, licensing, enforcement of standards, energy sector plans preparation, dispute settlement and approval of power purchase and network service contracts for the benefit of the all stakeholders.
The Commission is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified, experienced, result-oriented and highly motivated Kenya citizen to fill the following vacant position:
Energy Performance & Labelling Manager
Ref. No ERC/EPLM/01
Reporting to the Director Renewable Energy, the successful candidate will be responsible for setting and enforcement of regulations on energy performance and labelling, conducting surveys and research, and analysing trends on energy consumption, efficiency and conservation in Kenya.
The role holder is also responsible for advising energy sector players on technical, policy and legal issues regarding
energy performance and labelling.
- Formulation and implementation of regulations on energy performance and labelling;
- Coordination of all activities in issuance of energy efficiency labels;
- Supervise the carrying out of surveillance operations to ensure compliance with standards and regulations on energy performance and labelling;
- Develop and maintain records of all persons issued with energy efficient labels;
- Identify and resolve risks related to the issuance of energy efficient labels;
- Carry out research on energy efficiency and conservation in the country;
- Prepare timely and accurate reports on regulation compliance, inspection and implementation of appliance energy performance and labelling projects;
- Work with stakeholders to ensure that demand side management and energy efficiency are made an integral part of the RE sub-sector strategies; and
- Supervise staff including, inter alia, completing performance appraisals, personal development and succession plans, in accordance with the established performance management system.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required
- A Bachelors degree in Engineering of physical sciences from a recognized University;
- Ascribe to the code of conduct for Engineers and /or Energy Managers;
- Practical knowledge of energy efficiency and conservation;
- A minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience, of which two (2) years must be in Management/Senior level;
- Have ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders; and
- Ability to deliver desired and timely results.
Other mandatory requirements and information for all positions:
In addition to the skills stated above, applicants shall be expected to;
1) To be excellent team players with good planning, interpersonal communication, report writing, problem solving, decision making and supervisory skills;
2) Be of high standards of integrity;
3) Have proficiency in computers and MS Office packages; and
4) Be able to communicate effectively in English & Kiswahili.
Applicants are further required to provide a detailed CV indicating their current and previous employers, positions held, current and expected salary, names of at least three professional referees, education and professional certificates together with a copy of national identity card or passport.