Excellent Career Openings
Our client, The Energy Regulatory Commission (the Commission) is a State Corporation established under the Energy Act, 2006.
The Commission is the sector regulatory agency responsible for economic and technical regulation of electric power, renewable energy and downstream petroleum sub-sectors.
This includes tariff setting and review, licensing, enforcement of standards, energy sector plans preparation, dispute settlement and approval of power purchase and network service contracts for the benefit of the all stakeholders.
The Commission is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified, experienced, result-oriented and highly motivated Kenya citizen to fill the following vacant position:
Head of Internal Audit & Risk Management
Ref. No ERC/IA/01
Reporting to the Director General administratively and the Commission’s Audit & Risk Committee functionally, the successful candidate will provide professional oversight and quality assurance over the Commission’s internal control systems and risk management framework.
He/she will ensure the internal and external controls are in compliance with relevant laws, international auditing standards, regulations and best practice.
- Provide administrative leadership to the Internal Audit team in developing, implementing and evaluating internal audit policies, procedures, budget and programmes;
- Prepare a risk management strategy and follow up on its approval and implementation;
- Oversee implementation of the Audit Committee’s decisions;
- Plan, coordinate, and execute operational and investigative risk based audits, prepare and submit accurate and timely reports;
- Continually review the Commission’s operational systems to establish levels of exposure to various risks and also compliance with established Commission, statutory, regulatory and risk management procedures and standards;
- Prepare Internal Audit budget, implement and monitor its utilization; and
- Identify, develop, deploy and maintain staff in the department through performance appraisals, personal development and succession plans, in accordance with the established performance management system.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
- Postgraduate degree in a related field from a recognized university;
- A Bachelors degree in Finance, Commerce, Business Administration or any other related degree from a recognized university;
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant (CPA-K) or ACCA and member of ICPAK. Membership as a Certified Information System Auditor (CISA) is an added advantage;
- At least ten (10) years of relevant experience, three (3) of which must be at a senior level;
- Be well versed with internationally accepted auditing standards and computerized accounting; and
- Professional or post graduate qualifications in Information Technology and Communications(ICT) will be an added advantage; and
- Have analytical and decision making skills.
Other mandatory requirements and information for all positions:
In addition to the skills stated above, applicants shall be expected to;
1) To be excellent team players with good planning, interpersonal communication, report writing, problem solving, decision making and supervisory skills;
2) Be of high standards of integrity;
3) Have proficiency in computers and MS Office packages; and
4) Be able to communicate effectively in English & Kiswahili.
Applicants are further required to provide a detailed CV indicating their current and previous employers, positions held, current and expected salary, names of at least three professional referees, education and professional certificates together with a copy of national identity card or passport.