Excellent Career Openings
Our client, The Energy Regulatory Commission (the Commission) is a State Corporation established under the Energy Act, 2006.
The Commission is the sector regulatory agency responsible for economic and technical regulation of electric power, renewable energy and downstream petroleum sub-sectors.
This includes tariff setting and review, licensing, enforcement of standards, energy sector plans preparation, dispute settlement and approval of power purchase and network service contracts for the benefit of the all stakeholders.
The Commission is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified, experienced, result-oriented and highly motivated Kenya citizen to fill the following vacant position:
Principal Internal Auditor, Information Systems
Ref. No ERC/PIAIS/01
Reporting to the Risk and Control Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the execution of internal controls, risk management, compliance and governance audits as well as carrying out investigations and inspections.
- Carry out information systems audit, review existing internal control systems and procedures and reports for effectiveness;
- Carry out compliance audits for information systems management procedures and ensure departmental compliance to the established control framework;
- Identify auditable areas and carry out risk analysis of the Commission’s processes, including cyber security and fraud risk assessment;
- Implement policies and establish procedures covering the scope of audit;
- Carry out routine information systems audit investigations on areas identified by Management;
- Participate in the maintenance and documentation of internal audit standards, policies and practices; and
- Follow up on findings of audit reports and their recommendations to ensure adequacy and timeliness of
correction or implementation.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, ICT or their equivalents from a recognized university;
- CISA or CIA or CFE qualification is a must;
- Professional qualifications in Cyber security will be an added advantage;
- A minimum of Seven (7) years of relevant experience, two (2) years of which shall have been in management level;
- Membership in a recognized and relevant professional body;
- Sound analytical skills; and
- Must be attentive to detail and able to work under minimum supervision while at the same time maintaining high quality work standards.
Other mandatory requirements and information for all positions:
In addition to the skills stated above, applicants shall be expected to;
1) To be excellent team players with good planning, interpersonal communication, report writing, problem solving, decision making and supervisory skills;
2) Be of high standards of integrity;
3) Have proficiency in computers and MS Office packages; and
4) Be able to communicate effectively in English & Kiswahili.
Applicants are further required to provide a detailed CV indicating their current and previous employers, positions held, current and expected salary, names of at least three professional referees, education and professional certificates together with a copy of national identity card or passport.