Excellent Career Openings
Our client, The Energy Regulatory Commission (the Commission) is a State Corporation established under the Energy Act, 2006.
The Commission is the sector regulatory agency responsible for economic and technical regulation of electric power, renewable energy and downstream petroleum sub-sectors.
This includes tariff setting and review, licensing, enforcement of standards, energy sector plans preparation, dispute settlement and approval of power purchase and network service contracts for the benefit of the all stakeholders.
The Commission is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified, experienced, result-oriented and highly motivated Kenya citizen to fill the following vacant position:
Procurement Officer (Tenders & Contracts)
Ref. No ERC/PO/01
Reporting to the Head of Procurement, the role holder is responsible for providing assistance in the procurement of goods, works and services for the Commission, and ensuring procurement and supplies processes are carried out efficiently and effectively to achieve the Commission’s objectives.
- Ensure compliance to the Public Procurement & Disposal Act and Regulations;
- Plan, coordinate and execute timely and quality procurement operations;
- Prepare tender documents in liaison with the user departments;
- Prepare LPO’s, LSO’s and contract agreements for all awards of goods, works and service;
- Keeping Custody of bid bonds and release to bidders on completion of tender process;
- Conduct periodic market survey;
- Secretary to Tender Opening Committee, and Tender Evaluation Committee; and
- Keeping track of tenders in progress and generating status reports.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
- A Masters degree in Procurement or related;
- A Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Commerce, Finance, Business Administration or Management from a recognized university;
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience, of which one (1) year must be in Management/Senior level;
- Proficiency in use of procurement software; and
- Good understanding of the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act 2015.
Other mandatory requirements and information for all positions:
In addition to the skills stated above, applicants shall be expected to;
1) To be excellent team players with good planning, interpersonal communication, report writing, problem solving, decision making and supervisory skills;
2) Be of high standards of integrity;
3) Have proficiency in computers and MS Office packages; and
4) Be able to communicate effectively in English & Kiswahili.
Applicants are further required to provide a detailed CV indicating their current and previous employers, positions held, current and expected salary, names of at least three professional referees, education and professional certificates together with a copy of national identity card or passport.