Excellent Career Openings
Our client, The Energy Regulatory Commission (the Commission) is a State Corporation established under the Energy Act, 2006.
The Commission is the sector regulatory agency responsible for economic and technical regulation of electric power, renewable energy and downstream petroleum sub-sectors.
This includes tariff setting and review, licensing, enforcement of standards, energy sector plans preparation, dispute settlement and approval of power purchase and network service contracts for the benefit of the all stakeholders.
The Commission is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified, experienced, result-oriented and highly motivated Kenya citizen to fill the following vacant position:
Ref. No ERC/SO/01
Reporting to the Head of Security the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring provision of effective security services.
- Advise management on all security matters including policies and implementation strategies;
- Ensure protection of the Commission’s assets against theft, terrorism, pilferage, damage, misuse and sabotage;
- Implement security measures to ensure maximum protection of the Commission’s staff and property;
- Direct investigations into security breaches, potential threats and taking or recommending remedial action to protect the Commission’s interests;
- Establish and maintain linkages with law enforcement agencies to enhance security;
- Collect and analyze intelligence on current trends in crime and other security matters that could adversely affect the Commission’s operations, staff and stake holders and recommend appropriate action to management;
- Supervise outsourced security guards to ensure that services rendered meet the set standards;
- Oversee safety training and fire drills; Ensure that first aid kits in vehicles and the office premises are stocked in a timely manner; and
- Facilitate prosecution of offenders in collaboration with other agencies and the legal department.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university;
- Diploma in Criminology;
- Should have attained at least the rank of Captain in the Armed Forces or Inspector in the Police Service; those from reputable security firms should have attained at least manager level; and
- Demonstrated ability to win the support and cooperation of security agencies.
Other mandatory requirements and information for all positions:
In addition to the skills stated above, applicants shall be expected to;
1) To be excellent team players with good planning, interpersonal communication, report writing, problem solving, decision making and supervisory skills;
2) Be of high standards of integrity;
3) Have proficiency in computers and MS Office packages; and
4) Be able to communicate effectively in English & Kiswahili.
Applicants are further required to provide a detailed CV indicating their current and previous employers, positions held, current and expected salary, names of at least three professional referees, education and professional certificates together with a copy of national identity card or passport.