Excellent Career Openings
Our client, The Energy Regulatory Commission (the Commission) is a State Corporation established under the Energy Act, 2006.
The Commission is the sector regulatory agency responsible for economic and technical regulation of electric power, renewable energy and downstream petroleum sub-sectors.
This includes tariff setting and review, licensing, enforcement of standards, energy sector plans preparation, dispute settlement and approval of power purchase and network service contracts for the benefit of the all stakeholders.
The Commission is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified, experienced, result-oriented and highly motivated Kenya citizen to fill the following vacant position:
Senior Financial Analyst
Ref. No ERC/SFA/01
Reporting to the Manager, Pricing & Competition, the successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring regulated utilities on financial viability, and ensuring that they provide sustainable, quality, reliable and cost effective energy products and services to consumers.
- Analyzing statutory trading arrangements including electric power purchase agreements, network service contracts, petroleum refining, storage and pipeline transportation contracts;
- Monitoring and evaluating financial performance of regulated utilities;
- Coordinating the development and review of regulatory accounting regulations and tariff codes;
- Calculate monthly petroleum pump prices and ensure publication of the same in the print media every 15th day of each month;
- Coordinate the setting, review, adjustment, and investigation on implementation of electricity tariffs and structure;
- Coordinate computation of pass through costs i.e. FCC, FERFA & Inflation adjustments; and
- Prepare position papers, briefs and reports.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required
- A Masters degree in Finance, Business Administration or Economics;
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Commerce, or Business Administration from a recognized university;
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience preferably in the energy sector, of which one (1) year must be in Management/Senior level;
- Sound analytical skills; and
- Professional Accounting Qualification i.e. CPA or ACCA
Other mandatory requirements and information for all positions:
In addition to the skills stated above, applicants shall be expected to;
1) To be excellent team players with good planning, interpersonal communication, report writing, problem solving, decision making and supervisory skills;
2) Be of high standards of integrity;
3) Have proficiency in computers and MS Office packages; and
4) Be able to communicate effectively in English & Kiswahili.
Applicants are further required to provide a detailed CV indicating their current and previous employers, positions held, current and expected salary, names of at least three professional referees, education and professional certificates together with a copy of national identity card or passport.