Duma Works is recruiting a Business Planning Manager for one of our clients in Nairobi; a leading people and change experiential agency in Nairobi.
- Office Management: To maintain a well maintained, sufficiently resourced and smooth running operational office.
- Project and Resource Planning: To schedule project activities and manage optimal utilisation and allocation of staff and any other resources required.
- Staff Output: To manage the entire team’s output to aid business planning.
Key Performance Parameters
- Office Management: Operational effectiveness and cost management.
- Project and resource Planning: Project effectiveness; activity scheduling and goal achievement.
- Project Management: Optimisation of staff base for business goals achievement. Client Satisfaction.
Field of Responsibilities
- Coordinate activities related to the smooth function of the office.
- Apply and obtain all necessary permits and licenses required for the business.
- Oversee legal contracting of staff both contract and casual.
- Contract and supervise all suppliers ensuring cost effectiveness and full timely delivery on contract.
Project Planning and Project Management
- Led the planning and execution of all internal and client projects.
- Sets goals, policies, procedures and measurements for project.
- Constitute project teams and work out agreement for delivery by each team member.
- Identify training and coaching requirements for project team to ensure their effectiveness.
- Develop schedule for project and schedule flow of requisite materials.
- Develop budget and cash flow schedule for the project.
- Monitor costs, billing and analyse project for cost management opportunities.
- Monitor project progress and effectiveness and impact.
- Create project reports as outlined in client contract and for internal use.
- Communicates with other managers and colleagues throughout project.
- Conduct surveys and other project measurements to measure project success.
Staff Output: Directing the work of others.
- Coordinate project pipelines to ensure flow of work into the business throughout the year.
- Oversee the delivery of staff output based on the business goals and their job objectives.
- Create work plans for staff and monitor their delivery on these work plans through daily huddles and weekly action plan reviews.
- Allocate staff project roles as required.
- Conduct performance checks with clients to ensure client satisfaction throughout the project.
- Carry out all functions and duties as are from time to time assigned to them and as are reasonable or lawful and Comply with all lawful and reasonable instructions given to him/her manager.
- Be loyal to the Company, assist the management of the Company and promote the business and reputation of the Company.
- Behave decorously as all times, whether during your hours of work or after hours, in order to protect the Company’s reputation as an advertising and communications group and so as not, by association, to bring the Company’s name into disrepute;
- Immediately inform the Company of any changes to his/her status or circumstances such as change of address, marital status, dependents or qualifications, where this is of any relevance to his/her employment and the administration thereof;
- Take proper care of any Company property placed in his /her possession or custody from time to time, and return such property when expected or requested to do so by the Company.
- A bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Can work on multiple projects and keep everyone on track.
- Experience managing processes.
- Extremely detail oriented individual.
- Can bring order in the working environment.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Typically reports to top management.
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2832”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2832 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 02 June 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.