Job Title: HR Manager – Telecommunication
Reporting to: COO/CEO
Our client is a fast growing innovative company, providing affordable access to Internet services to low income areas.
They seek to hire an experienced HR Manager who will be tasked with executing the HR functions in the company.
- Responsible for day to day human resources operations of the Kenyan business
- Ensure 100% accuracy at all times of all relevant documentation in accordance with Kenyan labour law
- Provide professional advice and guidance on HR strategies, policies and procedures
- Supporting the COO and the rest of the senior team to realize the strategy.
- Act as day to day liaison between the local team and the COO/CEO for all HR matters.
- In consultation with other managers anticipate future staffing requirements in line with strategic plans
- Maintain organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program
- Maintain paper and electronic employee data files on all employment activity
- Maintain human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- In conjunction with other line managers, establish, maintain and deliver the training necessary to ensure staff is equipped to deal with HR responsibilities.
- Maintain a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys as well as scheduling and conducting job evaluations
- Prepare administrative budgets
- Maintain the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions
- Performance management i.e. evaluate employees’ reports, decisions and results in relation to established goals
- Provide advice to staff on employment relations issues
- Ensure planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results to coach and discipline them
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Monitor and track compliance with contracts, including labor, service and product providers, and any other HR related agreements
- Efficiently manage day to day relationships with suppliers and business partners.
- Champion the company brand identity and culture
- Act as first level of escalation for any HR aspects for the business.