FIDA Kenya seeks to recruit a suitable candidate to fill the following vacant position:
Deputy Executive Director and Head of Programmes
(to be based in Nairobi Office)
- Under the guidance of Executive Director, manage and ensure the formulation and successful implementation of FIDA Kenya programmes.
- Provide leadership, motivation, mentorship and productivity within the programs.
- Contribute to the development of programs and appropriate work plans and activities to be implemented.
- Providing technical support to programs and project officers in managing grants portfolio, analysis and information.
- Assist in developing and periodically reviewing resource mobilization strategies.
- Review and submitted funding concepts and proposals in consultation with the Executive Director.
- Ensure the development of quality proposals and submission of donor reports.
- Representing FIDA Kenya in external donors’ forums and partner activities.
- Coordinate the running of the three offices in Nairobi, Mombasa and Kisumu.
- Assist the Executive Director to build and sustain effective partnerships with the government, like minded organizations and other civil society organisations.
- Assist the Executive Director in enhancing FIDA Kenya’s visibility.
Minimum Qualifications and Attributes
The ideal candidate should at least possess the following qualifications and attributes:
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya with 7 years’ experience, 3 of which should be in senior management. A Masters qualification will be an added advantage.
- NGO experience in knowledge of program planning, designing, monitoring & evaluation and financial management skills.
- Knowledge and experience in Human Rights, Gender & Women’s Rights Issues.
- Experience in litigation.
- Proven management capabilities with experience in a busy office.
- Results oriented, creative and innovative.
- Ability to manage professional staff with diverse skills.
- Must be a good team player, self-motivated & self-driven.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Proficiency in computers, organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks.