Vacancy: Finance Manager
Job Ref: FM/FM/1
About our client: Our client provides fully fledged operations of underwriting general insurance services to individual and corporate clients in East Africa.
They are looking for a dynamic Finance Manager to head their Finance department.
The Finance Manager’s role will be to design and manage controls and procedures for effective management of the Company’s financial and other resources and ensure timely and accurate financial reporting that complies with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards and IRA reporting framework.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement robust accounting systems that are embedded with appropriate controls that help to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
- Establish and monitor the implementation of an effective and robust treasury management system that secures company funds whilst maximising profitability and facilitating effective cash flow management and compliance with the Insurance Act.
- In charge of the preparation of annual budgets and long term business plans, monitors and ensures that all departments and units comply with budgetary provisions.
- Manages the company’s cash flows to meet all liabilities as they fall due. This will include effective asset and liability management to match the maturity profiles of assets and liabilities. Manages the company’s credit policy and effective follow up of debts.
- Develops a robust investment strategy that will be in line with Company strategy.
- Signs company cheques and documents up to the approved limits.
- Liaises with both internal and external auditors and management on all audit activities of the company.
- Trains, coaches and supervises staff.
- Ensures compliance with statutory provisions in respect to financial reporting, IRA licensing taxation, other statutory payments and the Insurance Act.
- Ensure all the necessary returns are filed with the Insurance Regulatory and Revenue Authorities.
- Ensure quarterly reinsurance accounts are prepared.
- Attend quarterly Board Committee meetings.
- Develop, review and implement finance policies.
- Oversee full implementation of all financial modules on their Software.
- Advise the management and board on all the financial matters.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Commerce – Accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (CPAK) and CPS (K)
- A Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- Must be a member of ICPAK and ICPSK in good standing.
- Proficiency in the use of ERPs, Accounting packages, Ms Office, Databases and knowledge of general accounting principles.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in the Financial Services sector, experience in insurance industry would be an added advantage
- Ability to think strategically and to design long term plans.
- Should be adaptable and flexible with the ability to drive change and transformation.
- Must uphold confidentiality, be tactful, creative thinker and proactive.
- Customer service orientation – focused towards internal and external customer needs
- Team player with excellent, proven interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Effective problem-solving and decision making skills.
Remuneration and Benefits: An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, experience and qualifications
To apply, send your CV in word format with a recent photograph of yourself embedded in the top right hand corner.
Attach an application letter demonstrating how your skills, experience and qualifications are transferrable to the role.
All documentation is to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted.